Do you think I would have to eventually tell him?

Is it nessicary to tell the guy your dating that you've had a past with depression and self harm? I don't really want to tell him, I'm scared that he will see me differently. Is it okay to keep to myself?

Most Helpful Girl

• You should definitely tell your boyfriend eventually. But only when your most comfortable telling him. If he cares for you, he will understand and be there right by your side. He won't view you differently for any reason. (:

• When I told a previous boyfriend It was like every time I was upset he would assume I cut and tell me to show my wrists/thighs

• Well you can tell your boyfriend how your previous boyfriend acted and that you didn't really feel comfortable when he said those things and that you don't want him to be this way too. Tell him you know he cares for you, but can't just assume that is what you do right away.

What Guys Said 1

• It's fine to keep it to yourself. If he asks you can tell him.

What Girls Said 1

• If you feel like telling him, go for it when you are ready to. I reckon he will appreciate, but not telling him is no big deal either :)