If a guy pays a bill?

If a guy pays a bill? If you go out with a guy friend... like to a bar or something and he pays for your bill does that mean he likes you? Or just being a gentleman? He paid for the pill even before I told him I had first 2 rounds on me. Just not sure why he did that.

Most Helpful Guy

• If you've been friends for a while, he probably trusts that the favors will come around when he needs it. That's how a circle of trust generally works.

Could he like you? Don't rule it out. This just isn't the best indicator of that because it is such a casual gesture among friends.

What Guys Said 3

• It could mean he likes you. When I pay for a lady friend's meal it sort of makes it like a date. I mean, I'm not buying my "friends" food no matter how close we are. But a lady I am interested in, I will. But this doesn't mean I'm expecting something back, just that I am demonstrating I have means, resources, and generally have myself together.

• Probably just being nice, most guys expect to pick up the check, we've been raised that way (guys pay). Unless there is something else to make you think he likes you, he was being a gentleman.

• I always pay it's the way I am. It doesn't mean I like them. I only eat in in the top end restaurants why you spent like £ 100 before you have sat down.

What Girls Said 2

• He's just being a good guy. That action alone doesn't mean he likes you anymore than a friend.

• that's just the standard, he's just being a gentleMAN. if you really think he likes you, he must have showed something else that suggests interests towards you.