Asian Guys = Hell No?

Out of my own groups of friends, only one of them is Asian. He's a guy, and usually pretty nice. He's an ass sometimes, but only if he gets pissed. If I had to be brutally honest, I'd say he's very traditional when it comes to girls. Near perfect gentleman when he isn't being goofy. I've tried to set him up a few times, but it always ends with him having no clue what went wrong. After like the third girl my friends and me decided to watch him close and see if he's doing anything wrong. Nothing. He's nice, gentle, lays his opinions out in ways that usually won't get his girl ticked at him. So here's what I think. All the girls I set him up with are white. I know white guys usually have a thing for Asian girls. Screw it, my gf is Asian. But are white chicks subconsciously racist to Asian guys? Why is my friend, who even my girl sometimes says is a pretty good catch, getting rejected so much?

Most Helpful Girl

• LoL, one of my best friends is an Asian guy. Well, he's HALF Asian, but he identifies more with his Asian side. If it weren't for the fact that he's totally not bf material and I honestly just see him as an awesome best friend, then I would totally date him. Like aamy811 said, most Asian guys don't go for black girls, so I don't even try to go for them. I think it might be better if you could (and of course there's a possibility that you can't), but if you could, maybe set him up with a girl that ISN'T white? Who knows, he might have better luck.

What Girls Said 1

• Sometimes a guy can be great but you just don't get a spark or feel a connection so you move on.
    But of me I love Asian guys I've always had a things for Asian people in general (until I was 8 I tried to be Asian). But Asian Gus typically dot date black girls so I don't waste my time trying anymore

What Guys Said 6

• Well, we live in an age where most Western girls, not just Caucasian but nearly any, expect their date to be really engaging and interesting, even funny. In Asian cultures these behaviors might be considered rude or flippant so they tend to reign it in, especially on first dates. The girls you set him up with probably thought he was too boring. It's not a race thing as much as a culture thing. These days girls need you to put on a show, not like it used to be. If you don't, they're happy to go home and watch their favorite TV shows on netflix and yack at their BFFs for 5 hours. It's not like it used to be. My grandmother decided to marry my grandfather, because,... he owned a car. That's it. She saw he had a car and that meant he had his shitake together and she wouldn't have to walk to the market. He was really quiet and reserved, and she found that boring, but that was ok because her goal was a guy that would be loyal and consistent, and wanted to be a father. He didn't need to be a showman and comedian. (but she was hoping he would) He never became very funny, he tried though. They were married for 75 years. It wasn't a perfect marriage but it was about as close to perfect you could get. I'm so much like my grandfather, but they don't make women like my grandmother anymore. So, maybe your friend might have better luck with a girl from a much more reserved culture like devout Christians. The only problem with that is she might expect him to convert.

• Well, he's already a Christian and for thr most part a goofball. Yeah, he does a lot of traditional stuff, but it's mostly to help him honor his roots. I swear to tots that he can be even more upbeat than most people. If you get him interested in something that is.

• Asian males are the least desired in Western countries. It's ironic because many Asians have a quality degree and have great jobs. However, the stereotypes follow us. I cannot count the number of times girls tell me they are not interested in Asian guys. Thank goodness for K-pop. We have a small chance now.

• It's because of how Asians are portrayed in the western media. In movies, hardly any Asians would play main, strong roles. Stereotypes are also a huge thing but, just hope people will start opening their eyes to reality and to avoid being ignorant 😂

• No, it's probably just him cause I wouldn't encounter any problems with this at all. It would really depend on the person individually, if I got my white friend 3 chicks and they all rejected him, do I conclude by saying "White guys = Hell no?"

Ey man, I'm curious to know, how tall is your Asian friend? 😂

• Once upon a time both Asian guys and black guys were not kosher dating material. Now, black guys have got it much better than Asian guys.
    But Asian girls have got it better than black girls. So it's not looks or race, but culture.

The Asian culture (reserved, non-confrontational, obedient) lends itself well to girls but not men.
    The black culture (take-no-shit, confrontational attitude) lends itself well to men but not girls.

So, in your case, because girls like alpha men, the polite, gentlemanly way is nice but doesn't get girls going like being alpha. I bet if you got a load of yakuza gangsta's in, they'd have more success with the ladies simply because they'd garner more respect from everyone around, including the guys.

• Most people in general don't date interracially, doesn't matter the gender or race, they just prefer what is most familiar.

• White chicks prefer white men. This is well documented.