Online dating among the younger generation?

Do You think this it is ok/acceptable to venture into online dating in your early twenties? many people are hesitant to online date at an early age because many believe in the traditional way to meeting people in person, dating, and getting into a relationship. However we live in such a technology driven world that this method Of meeting people is becoming extremely popular among the younger generation and is no longer strictly for middle aged people. What is your view on this?

Most Helpful Guy

• I think it's becoming more socially acceptable every day. 10 years or so ago it was considered by most to be something for losers that couldn't get a date in person. I think online dating will be strong in the future. To some, especially girls, it might seem impersonal, but from an efficiency angle, I can't think of anything better or even as good as online dating.

People continue going to clubs and bars believing the myth that it's the place to find a date, despite statistics showing that the percentage of relationships that develop from those meetings are very low. Meeting someone in college is still a good option, but if you are not in college the choices aren't many.

What Guys Said 6

• It's okay lol
    This is not a school project you don't need to write it like an introduction to an essay on Online Dating eh?

Also , why not?
    It's just a tool , it's convenient, it's efficient , it does filters out a bit of the actual guess work but eh what the heck not like Skype or KiK or Whatsapp or Facetime doesn't exist right?

It's still human interaction but a different way.

• Lol after 2 hrs of doing hw I guess I brought my schoolwork tone into this question lol ughh and I guess I'm not really for or against it just wanted to see other ppls thoughts on it thnks

• Yeeeeep lol ,
      "Some say that Internet dating is a tool that enables , other say it is a weapon that'll destroy conventional values of human interaction. In this essay , I will attempt to dissect the pros and cons of internet dating and present forth a compromise and recommendation for Internet dating so as to preserve the values we so cherish while provide the people of 21st century the conveniences of technology"

Honestly I'm actually shirking on studying for tomorrow's mid-term by poking onto GaG so... eh I suppose lol

• LOL!! Honestly I should be studying the wonderful life of conversions and pre-calc but me being on here is so definitely my way of procrastination 2 hahaha good luck on your midterm tho! #summerpleasecomesoon

• Well as far as I have seen, group settings are diminishing for young folk. The sitcom group of friends at their usual hangout is becoming extinct. Look at all of us on GAG. We look to the Internet and not those we actually know for guidance. I have never had interest in online dating, I don't think it's acceptable, but it's what is happen, and when society wants to change this they may. It's another fad and may last generations or could completely die out in a year or two.

• I like it and I don't like it. Technology and the online dating thing is very useful and very convenient for a lot of people. The bad side is that technology has a way of making people seem distant in real life, and sometimes it makes meeting people that way more difficult.

• It's fine, but it's not for me. Technology has advantages and disadvantages depending on the user.

• I hate online dating.. After zero luck in the real world I tried those sites and I failed super hard on them. It just sucks for me for some reason I guess I'm not photogenic or something because my profile isn't bad at all in my opinion. I think online dating is only for the attractive and is pretty much a self esteem destroyer for a lot of us guys.

• I think a lot of people find no luck on those sites ur def not the only one that prob ends up discouraged but good luck tho!

• I mean all my peers and friends do fine on those apps. I see them talk about it and even show me the girls they are talking to. I think I'm just not attractive enough :/ hopefully that's not the case and it's just terrible luck but I don't know anymore. Been on tinder for a year, and that's so longggggg for getting nothing after how many girls I swiped. It kind of suggests that I'm hardly a catch.

• No hopefully that isn't the case and even if it was somebody will come along one day and hey last case scenario labs are pretty awesome give me like 3 and i'd be happy 🐶 lol jk all jokes aside tho I'm pretty sure there is wayyy more people out there that get no matches yet they are a catch maybe take a break from them for a while don't fret about it and who knows maybe you'll meet someone you hadn't noticed all along

• I feel odd on those sites. Especially ones that are targeted towards the younger generation. There seems to be of a "hook up" vibe than an actual relationship goal.

What Girls Said 2

• I tried it for a day and then realized I was uncomfortable with it. But I see nothing wrong with it if someone IS comfortable with it.

• I know this sound ironic but I would rather have an online friend than dating online

• Not ironic at all especially when it can be hard making friends in person :)

• Lol yea I get ya it can feel like a shark tank out there lol 😊

• Even worse :p