Is getting a girlfriend overrated or worth the wait or risk?

Well.. I've been wondering whether getting a girlfriend is overrated or is it worth the wait and risks. I say overrated coz most of friends, who r committed treat their relationship like it's a chore and tell us single guys that it sux being in a relationship. Now getting to the worth the wait or risks... being an old fashioned kinda guy... I have to ask the girl out or whether she will b my gf... so I've been trying 4 a year how and nothing so far... I'm literally on the verge of giving up... can any one o u help me... with any kind of advice suggestions or even experiences.
Please note I've been single for 3 years now.

• Getting a girlfriend- Overrated
  • Keep Trying
  • Ask a friend to set u up
  • Give up

Most Helpful Girl

• One of your choices is just "give up"? Come on. Never give up. From a woman's point of view, I really believe, in terms of relationships, "you can't live with them, you can't live without them", ok?

Sure relationships are a lot of hard work. I think though, that in the right relationship, the rewards one gets are always greater than the amount of work you put into it. I think that we (men and women that is) were made to live with each other both physically and emotionally. Each gender lends something to the relationship that the other needs. It is a symbiotic relationship, That's my point of view anyway.

• Ok... point noted... Julia is it? Well I'm still single.. it's been 3 years since I've dated and I don't know if I even have a game or not? Could u tell me what I could do to get a gf... where and how should I start? What do I do?

• For one, don't fret over it. Be zen about it, if you know what I mean. Often, the more one wants something, the less opportunities present themselves. And I think relationship often happen when you least expect it.

For two, put yourself in a position where you have opportunities to meet women.

What Girls Said 1

• Yes, dating is overrated. But it's still nice though. 3 years single is nothing. Some people are single over 10 years and still happy.

What kind of girls do you go for? How and where do you approach girls? Do you have a good hygiene?
    Focus on being happy. Positive and happy person is way more attractive than bitter pessimist.

What Guys Said 1