What's so great about " 50 shades of grey" movie?

Its such a big hype I just don't see anything special nor different about it...

Most Helpful Guy

• nothing is great

it's just a stupid trend that will fade away soon ;-)

What Guys Said 8

• It was hyped because of the book. The book became popular because most people have secrete fetishes. Rape fantasies are amount the most popular for women. But its something that no one talks about or would openly admit too.

So most women feel isolated in their desires and sometimes feel guilty for having them. The book let women know that theses things are perfectly ok.

• I liked the aesthetic things like thousand dollar suits, flashy cars, luxury living but I think the whole point of the movie was that asides from that there was nothing past the physical and materialistic surface.

No soul, no spirit, no love; hence, no happiness, no joy, and no heart.

Alicia Keys would say:

Some people live for the fortune
    Some people live just for the fame
    Some people live for the power, yeah
    Some people live just to play the game
    Some people think that the PHYSICAL things
    Define what's within
    And I've been there before
    But that life's a bore
    So full of the superficial

Some people want it all
    But I don't want nothing at all
    If it ain't you baby
    If I ain't got you baby
    Some people want diamond rings
    Some just want everything
    But everything means nothing
    If I ain't got you

• The book was crap, I don't understand why people care about it. I expect the movie to be the same, although I haven't seen it yet.

• http://www.imdb.com/title/tt2322441/ it has a rating of 3.6 atm on imdb. :)

• Little girls like being trendy. Someone told them this was in, so they need to be good lemmings or become ostracized by the flock.

• what type of movies is this?

• I knew that movies was gonna be bad.. I was right, it got low ratings..

• It's not as bad as Destiny I'll tell you that much!

What Girls Said 7

• Just a girl consenting a guy to whip her.

• Nothing. From what I have heard it is a poor portrayal of BDSM. Not only that but it's Twilight fan fiction. The author just changed the names and certain situations when she got it published. I hate Twilight but it still bothers me that someone is getting money off of someone else's work.

Christian is also just really annoying. He doesn't let Ana do anything. She can't have a social life. He buys her work company to keep an eye on her. God forbid she talks to anyone male. He even gets over protective when she rides a jet ski! That type of relationship is suffocating and unhealthy.

• It's a poor portrayal of BDSM MAINLY because he basically rapes her and emotionally abuses her to get her to do things he wants. This is actually a corruption of everything that people into BDSM stand for. It's usually a bedroom-only thing, and the people involved tend to be really level-headed individuals who constantly fight for equal rights... and would never go so far as to be as emotionally abusive or manipulative as the guy in the movie.

It's really kind of sick.

• The only reason i'm glad it's so popular, is that now we can talk about BDSM without it being taboo as much, what i don't like is that it is an inaccurate representation of the lifestyle. I won't rag on it here, but it is true...

• The hype comes from the fact that the subject matter is taboo. Taboo=exciting. Many people use tv, movies, books as a source of entertainment and a way to escape their lives for a little bit. This allows them a glimpse into a different, sensual, exciting world for a little while. I mean it's a misrepresentation of BDSM, but people who have no experience with that lifestyle don't know that. There's also the fact that this is Twilight fan fiction.

• It's because Taboo=exciting and they aren't smart enough to actually read into the movie and see why the relationship portrayed in it is actually abusive and all kinds of wrong. They slather it with things like BDSM and intense romance to try to downplay the fact that there's nothing positive about the relationship on screen. It's to make a woman want to be okay with being abused, manipulated, or overly controlled, as long as the guy can make her cum the way she wants/makes her feel special. It's really sick and horrifying, and I'm glad I don't have a daughter.

• Did you read the books?

• I only read like the first five chapters before I tossed it away. It was gross. I haven't even seen the preview. But it will be p*rn on the big screen, that's for sure.

• The acting is terrible. Plus the girl is hideous. The guy is kind of ugly too. I don't want to see a movie with ugly people in it

• Was so disappointed with the actress, she is ugly :(

• The actress is ugly for a reason. She's ugly like Bella in Twilight was ugly... Ugly, but just "normal" enough looking that almost any girl can put themselves in her place

• This is why so many ugly girls will see this and are obsessed
      It gives them the idea even they can have a man

• To understand and have an informed opinion (good, bad or otherwise) you need to read the book.