Is it desperate to ask someone out because people think you should?

A week or so ago, I was out for drinks with friends. There's a girl there who I met after I started hanging out with them. After she left that night, the guys started talking about what a great girl she is and how she's really low-maintenance (she is, and gorgeous too). Someone asked who she's dating and the other guys said no one. One of them said "she needs someone like him" and pointed at me. Everyone else started saying "yeah, definitely, you're right" and they spent a few minutes trying to convince me I should ask her out.

I hadn't really thought of her as more than a friend (acquaintance, really) before, but since they mention it, I am a bit more curious about her now. Is that desperate at all?

Most Helpful Girl

• No, it's normal. They were trying to convince you to do it because they think you'll be good together and you're both single. They probably did something similar to her after. Talk to her. Today, being Valentine's day, is the perfect day.

What Girls Said 2

• Don't date someone just because everyone else thinks you should. Date them because you want to.

• Not desperate, just means your interest is sparked in someone you previously had not considered. So whether you should ask her out or not now should be for your reasons only.

What Guys Said 2

• No it is not desperate. They know her and you and think you could be good together. Go for it.

• Yes. Ask a girl out because you like her and want to get to. know her better not because people tell you should.