Is 3-4 months the perfect amount of time to keep a woman around?

By that time, we've had plenty of sex and we've had a good time together. We know each other as much as we ought to. But by that time we've also started arguing and becoming less tolerant of each others bullshit.

She will use shaming tactics/guilt/nihilism/personal attacks etc far more often to control you. Her demands and expectations are much higher now. She's a pain in the ass to be around. You can't go to the pub anymore because you're supposed to be at IKEA and you can't watch Top Gear because you're supposed to be watching Coronation Street.

Your freedoms are eroding slowly but surely. You're constantly losing arguments. Things are getting really shitty. Time to dump her?

It doesn't help that most women are masochists.

Most Helpful Guy

• This is partly why I'm really choosy. After 3-4 months I hope to enjoy them much more than when I met them.

What Girls Said 8

• This is the most sexist question I've read here and I'm surprised to see so many people agreeing to this anonymously. Seriously, no pants.

Look buddy, if your relationship has been lead to this, then is both, you and hers, fault. If it's boring and you don't have any feelings towards her then move on, yeah, end the relationship if it doesn't brings anything positive to your life. However, if this is a repeating pattern, then be worried, because you may drag all your relationships to tha same point and when you finally notice that is your responsibility to change things around, you may be an old man with hundreds of breakups behind you, there's no standard time for a relationship, only assholes think that way, if you keep thinking that way then you will end up missing the love of your life because you have to breakup with her after three months. Good luck!

• Every man is an old man with breakups behind him. All old men say that marriage was the worst decision of their lives.

What you are saying is true to an extent though.

• Why waste 3-4 months? When you can be done in a week or so

• Because 3 months is heavenly.

• If you dump her than you are giving up.
    Some people are simply unreasonable. If I wer t startdoing those things to my guy, it would tell me that I do not trust him. Either because he has lost my trust or due to my own past experiences. You can run to the pub to earn her trust. But you also shouldn't have to earn her trust so that she lays off your case. Possibly you both are going to butt heads. Be sure to cuddle her without intention of sex or oral. When a relationship is sour, women hate hate when a guy swoops in for sex. Makes her more upset and against him and then it makes the guy more up tight. Making everything worse and worse.

• "giving up"?

It's best to move on to the next girl.

• And how can I make her lay off my case?

• Da fuq is dis shieeet.

• Sounds like a self fulfilling prophecy

• If you really don't like her, the. Dump her. You don't have to think about the right time to dump her or go "I'll wait a month just so this counts as a real relationship" just do it. If you don't things are just going to get harder and worse

• blah blah blah... 98% of all fucking women do this in relationships...

• i usually break up with guys around that time...

i dont like serious relationships. and they get all clingy around 6 months.. so its better not to waste their time

• No I absolutely do not agree. It's your fault if you let her castrate you, but love doesn't happen if you dump her when it get's tough.

• My fault?

• Not wanting to put up with crap = being a pussy?

• No, that is the opposite of what I said. Putting up with all sorts of crap, that is being a pussy.

What Guys Said 8

• drop her like a ton of bricks

• If you are constantly having this problem, it means you aren't attracting the right kind of women--you need to be clearer about your standards. It also means you have work to do on yourself, or else you wouldn't be attracting the wrong women to begin with.

After that amount of time, you should be coming closer together, not driving each other apart.

• Most people in LTRs have this problem. This is why relationships never last. Except 50% of marriages, lol. Most of them are unhappy anyway

• What I said helps solve that. If you don't want common results, you can't use common solutions.

• If the relationship isn't working then you should express that. Talk to her, tell her what's wrong. If the two of you are still having constant arguments then you know it's time to part ways

• All couples argue and the longer they've been together the more they argue

• I'm talking about women in general

• If you're just talking about women in general then it's a very cynical point of view that you're taking.
      Either you havn't spoken to many women, or the women that you're near to aren't very nice

• It depends on what your goal is in the relationship. What do you want from that relationship?

• sex and emotional connection. Though the latter is far less important.

• Not all girls. It depends.

• Yeah, but 98% of them anyway

• It's a toxic relationship, it won't work for the long term. Get out now, don't prolong it. It won't be good for either of you.

• He's talking about women in general and not one woman. And he's right. The shit begins after approx. that time.

• OO, all relationships go downhill after approx 4 months

• True but in my opinion his example is getting to the extreme. It's not going downhill. It's plummeting off a cliff. LOL

• Coronation Street? Yeah, kick her to the curb.

I'm not even British and I know that show is trash.

• Damn straight! Is it kerb or curb btw?

• dare i ask what ebonics is?

• Ghetto-speak/slang

• Women love security and money more than men. Women love children far more than they love men. They are wolves in sheep's clothing.

And yes, you can never win an argument with a scorned woman because she is naturally intuitive and will attack you personally.

And the secret they use is that they make you think that you're in control, when really, it's them. They're very cunning, nasty little fuckers they are. 98% of women are PSYCHO on some level. Use and throw.

• It sounds like you were in it for the sex, so you're probably going to ditch her anyways.

My fiancee and I have been together almost a year and a half, and we haven't had any issues like that. We aren't having sex, though, so maybe that's why.

• You also weren't compatible, but stuck around because the sex was good.