For all of you, what's the difference betweent a hook up and a one night stand?

I thought it was the same thing but I wanna know your opinions. Also, if someone says to you "I've wanted to hook up with you for so long" does this means sex?

What if I tell this guy "I don't wanna be a hook up" ?

Most Helpful Guy

• The difference to me is a hook up is generally sex with someone I want to have sex with and have been planning for and can turn into a regular sexual relationship.

A one night stand is with someone I may or may not know but it is just that, one night of sex and no intention of another episode. Usually it is with someone I don't know, but just pick up.

And yes if someone wants to hook up with you, they want sex.

What Guys Said 2

• I don't think they have anything in common at all, one is used to pull trailers and the other sits by your bed and has a lamp on it. Am I missing something?

• A one night stand is a one time deal, you're having sex and never planning on having sex again, possibly never planning on ever seeing each other again. A hookup is more open ended, you want to have sex with them and may or may not be open to continuing to have sex in the future or even having a relationship with them.

What Girls Said 2

• It's the same only hook up can e anything from just making out to like gang bang anal. But typically people relate a one night stand to sex

• Hook ups are when you just have sex more than once and no relationship and one night stand is just when you sleep if a random person once