Have you ever "broke up" with someone then wish you didn't?

so i was seeing this guy for almost a year just seeing but not exclusive. he has liked me for years and i began liking him just almost a year ago. well long story short i put on weight due to hormones and when he saw me at that point in August last year he told me i needed to get healthy to be his gf. well I've lost 15 pounds since then and could lose 10 more maybe 15 . so i left him because i was sick of him saying wasn't fit enough still and irritated and frustrated. plus none of my friends like that he's like theist me. but should i have just stayed with him or was it good that i left him? because part of me is saying he's really trying to help and cares and another part tells me I'm never gonna be enough for him. how should i know?

Most Helpful Guy

• " he's really trying to help and cares"

It might just be the way the story was written, but that is not the conclusion I came to. I feel he is more concerned how it looks on him. What might think if he was with someone who is a little over weight. He's more concerned about himself. Than he is about your health.

But that's just my opinion. I don't know him so I very well could be wrong.

I feel it's best you left him.

The only way you will know for sure is to ask him.

• well is 117 lbs and 5 for 3 that embarrassing?

• 5'3", 117 lbs. Fat? No way. That guy is an ass.

• i have been working out for 5 years outside of sports doing hiking and dance and going to the gym. I'm running the mountains now as if i can't find something more challenging.

What Guys Said 7

• depends on whether or not you were actually overweight and by how much. If you're clinically obese and you left him when he says you should lose weight, you've got problems. If you're a little chubby (like say 10-20 pounds overweight) then he might just be trying to help you physically be the best you can be. If you're at your perfect weight for your height or even under... then there might have been a real problem.

• im 5 foot 3 and 117 lbs

• o dear lord thank heavens you dumped him! I have a sister that's 5 '4 and 130 pounds and even as her brother I have to admit she's hot as hell. Sounds like that guy had serious issues with female body image

• lol thanks for making me laugh

• That guy just wanted you for eye candy and nothing else. Sorry hun time to move on and forget him completely. Find someone who likes you for you and not the number on the scale.

• I think he could have said it in a nicer way like started taking you to the gym with him and stuff but for him to outright say you need to lose weight or you can't be my gf was a really shitty thing to do and you were right to leave him.

• WhY would you have wanted to stay with someone who wasn't happy with you?

• A girl broke up with me, and I still to this day wish she didn't 😔

• No... I missed her yes, but I din't regret it.

• I think keeping a healthy weight is a 'must' in a partner, it's a deal-breaker issue for me... however, you are not at all overweight, you seem to be exactly your ideal weight:

www.bannerhealth.com/.../Ideal+Weight+Chart.htm

What Girls Said 9

• you did the right thing. In relationships and as life goes on people get fat. You would not want him to break up with you after 2-6 years of dating because you are no longer as thin as you were in your early 20's.

• There's a problem. This is the deal, if he was really into you and only trying to help you be healthy then he would encourage you to lose weight but not make it a condition of dating you. Also he would have been sensitive to your feelings and not pushed so hard that he went beyond your limit and you dumped him. he would have been afraid of losing you if he really loved you so he would have found a more encouraging way to do help you. It doesn't even matter if u actually need to lose weight or if he's just a dick. You can do better. When the mam that will love u totally for who you are comes along
    You won't even have to ask questions like this coz you'll feel his love no matter what the situation. In fact, you'll be asking us if you're really as hot as he thinks you are or if he's lying coz he loves you ;)

• It's good you left him!!! If he really cared he'd be loving you all over even with you being overweight and helping you hand in hand to lose it. He would be giving you advice and support and motivation and he would be helping you, if not as a bf at least as a friend. He sounds like an asshole that really had no intention on being in a relationship with you. YOU DESERvE BETTER!

• Nah there have been times when I've missed him but only because I got really bored and needed someone to talk to... But regret? Nah not me. I just don't give 2 fucks tbh

• Run from guys who try and control you like that

• I think leaving him was a good idea.

• No. I wouldn't regret it.

• YES!!!
    My case was he was lying and we would be getting in trouble sexually too soon w/o job, education finished, et al. Regrets came when the chosen one (replacement) turned out to be a much bigger liar with much bigger consequences and less of everything (esp. physically... ooohlala).

In your case, regrets only for him IF he was secretly making you healthy... all about you. Otherwise, all about him is not love and he'll carry these problems to the next gal... who will suffer, at least when pregnant all those months.

• Over time you will forget about the person and the things you thought you liked in them. Then you will meet someone incredible and this dude won't even get a second of your thoughts.
    True story :-)