How do I approach a deaf guy who I really like and would like to get to know better?

He is in one of my classes at college and I really like him but he keeps to him self so I don't want to freak him out !
It's tricky as he only uses sign to communicate and a bit of lip reading but I have no clue how to sign. He always smiles at me. I know that means he is just being friendly but I've little else to go on

Most Helpful Guy

• sit next to him and pass notes one day

What Guys Said 4

• Learn how to sign a little. He would be super impressed with that!

• Wow.. it is so nice to hear.
    Go head

• By the way this is really sweet. Learn the basics online.

• that's good and you should succeed him as boyfriend you!

can not wait too long time, you don't need be uncomfortable, if why you almost fear him out?
    he's pretty huge smile as he wanted are you trying to seduce him!!

What Girls Said 1

• Hm... this is a tough one. I know someone who knows someone who was deaf and she taught me a bit of sign language. If he can read lips try just talking to him. Does he speak at all? Maybe just learn some basic sign language. Also maybe learn to tell him that you don't know how to use sign language in sign language. I mean that's what I did for every language I wanted to learn.