Why is it so hard to get a GOOD boyfriend?

I don't understand! I'm pretty or I get hit on a lot and told I'm pretty. I feel like I have a pretty cool personality, I've only been called "crazy" by two ex bf's and both of them were physically abusive so, I'm fairly positive their opinions don't count lol. I'm smart/witty, can hold a job, have a car and pay for all of my own things (like an adult should, but some people get confused). I am super sweet and I make an effort to think about the other persons needs before they have to tell me. I do not understand why I am having such trouble finding a bf who is not a real piece of work, I would like some insight?

Most Helpful Guy

• I would guess you waste time on guys you should be immediately moving on from. Basically you need to get better at filtering.

• So true, and, she is probably looking in the wrong places for guys also with the wrong traits.

• I halfway agree, but it's not really my fault that a lot of guys know how to put on masks for 6 months into the relationship and then when their true colors come out you like well, hell there goes another 6 months of my life I'll never get back.

What Guys Said 7

• "Good" is in the eye of the beholder only. what you are looking for is compatibility. A guy with a ton of piercings and a split tongue may be "good" for one girl and bad for another.
    Also, its the same problem on the other side of the river too. Its very hard to find a decent (i won't use "good", thats naive thinking) girlfriend these days.
    To me it all bottles down to compatibility and people always looking for 100% match... they list all the positive qualities and look for people with that only. Forgetting that they haven't listed qualities that are bad or tolerable. When those unlisted qualities show up, they start asking why there aren't any good people out there...(see what i did there? :) )

• Haha, yes, I see what you did there. I guess "good" is not technically what I meant because, I have no problem with tattoos or piercings et cetera. What I meant was um, nice I guess, respectful? I don't think there are not good guys/people out there, I'm just saying, I am having a hell of a time finding them lol.

• and by finding them you mean, waiting for one to walk out of the blue and land on your lap, right?
      The messed up thing about genders is that the person you think is good for you or are interested in, probably thinks that someone ELSE is good for Them and don't even notice you. So stop picking from the drops that happen to splash your way and dive into the pool. Since your approachers ain't good enough, find one you deem suitable and approach THEM, make yourself and interest known. You be Their "good".

• Look no further. I'm wondering why it's so hard to find a GOOD girlfriend.

• We all have our struggles. I, for instance, struggle to get dimes to lavish me with attention. It's a hard knock life all around.

• Hahaha. Oh my gosh. I'm glad someone else knows my pain!

• Sooo what do you consider "good"?

• Respectful, nice, smart, funny, puts other people before himself...

• we all want that. :o

• This is the problem of everybody who thinks like you. In case, boys think the same.

• cuz there is no perfect bf just in the movies so stop waisting ur time

• I said "good" not perfect...

• The good boyfriends are either taken, or overlooked. If you're lucky an attractive good boyfriend will come but they are usually in high demand. Then there's the average guys who would be good but are overlooked. Then there's the bad ones who women try to change but get fucked over. The dating world sucks, huh?

• Hahaha. Yes. Yes, it does, and you just described it perfectly.

• Men have the same problem :-)

What Girls Said 1

• If it were easy would you appreciate him when you found him?

• Yes, it's really not difficult to appreciate things you have.

• It is if you don't know how bad the "grass on the other side" is.