My boyfriend wants to propose to me , he's 16 and I will be 16 march 8 can he propose to me?

What age can he propose to me?

Most Helpful Girl

• He can propose at any age but you can't marry until you're both legally adults or both your parents consent to the marriage.

What Guys Said 3

• Not until you're both adults and have been for a long time (mid 20s - 30ish) whatever you think about how mature you are now. You're wrong. Don't try and pretend you're grown up because you're not and you will change more than you can imagine over the next handful of years both physically and mentally. Don't get married now there is genuinely no point you might both change so much. Imagine you got married and he started to change, he stopped loving you or even you changed, grew up and he didn't. You stopped loving him, bumped into someone at work or uni or wherever you will go and started liking them. How would you break it to him that you couldn't be with him. Watch his heart breaking right in front of your eyes. Don't get married. You're too young

• the second half of your argument seems like it would apply to adults just as easily as teens.

• No because you change a lot when you're young (myself still included) and yes you Will always change no matter how old you get and that will always be a risk but it's a bit different. You change much slower and not in the same way you change so much mentally it's just not a safe thing to do

• I think it is possible in certain cases to get married at that age, though if you don't have the patience and maturity to wait till at LEAST 18 I'd say you're not ready for marriage anyway.

• This is a bad idea, I promise you that.

What Girls Said 3

• Well I mean, he can. And you CAN say yes. But you CANNOT get married without your parents' written consent until you are both 18.

• Also, when I was 15 I wanted to marry my boyfriend. I still want to marry him and I'm 21. He gave me a promise ring when I was 16. One of these days I imagine he'll give me an engagement ring. You two can and should wait a few more years before you get engaged.

• He can propose at any age. As to whether you can get legally married or your parents flip out on you I couldn't tell ya.

• Now but, where I live you can't legally be married till your both 18