Would you have sex if she has HPV?

If you're a guy, and you met a girl that you really like and you've known each other for a while, would you run away if she told you she has HPV?

Updates:
HPV is a virus that can cause genital warts. More than half of all sexually active people will get it sometime in their life. The warts do go away and dont cause any health issues. Therefor it is a harmless virus. Some believe it is less contagious as time goes by and the immune system suppresses the virus but there is still always a very small chance of transmitting it even with condoms. So... if they're only temporary warts would you be okay with that?
Turns out I dont have HPV but good to know how people feel about it anyway. I'm getting vaccinated next week. You all should too!!

0|0
3|12

Most Helpful Guy

• That's a tough one, because not even condoms can't prevent HPV from transmitting. Most of the sexually active people will get HPV, but even though it can't be cured, there are vaccines that will prevent the health problems to appear.

I don't know if I would have sex with someone with HPV, probably yes, but it'll depend on the situation.

0|0
    0|0

What Guys Said 11

• No. Everything would be fine But I would get the vaccination as a precaution and condoms would be a must.

0|0
    0|0
  • Whats HPF?

1|0
    0|0
  • Me and my ex gf were together we never had sex

but she had HPV but was cured but that wasn't reason

we broke up , she dumped me

0|0
    0|0
  • After seeing a picture of "Tree Man" I think I would be too scared to. I know his case is almost non-existent, but still, to see the effect that disease can have on a person. Have you spoken to your doctor?

0|0
    0|0
  • Considering it has a vaccine now I'd probably say yeah

0|0
    0|0
  • I would absolutely not have sex with someone I knew had an STD, let alone an incurable one.

0|0
    0|0
  • HPV? High Pressure Vagina?

0|0
    0|0
  • Hell fucking no

0|0
    0|0
  • Yes. I mean if I love her. Then it's not a big deal.

0|0
    0|0
  • No way. Dumping her in the bin!!!

0|0
    2|0
    • HPV not HIV. Lol it's known that a lot of men and woman contract this std and won't get any symptoms.

• Disease HPV type
      Common warts 2, 7, 22
      Plantar warts 1, 2, 4, 63
      Flat warts 3, 10, 8
      Anogenital warts 6, 11, 42, 44 and others[15]
      Anal dysplasia (lesions) 6, 16, 18, 31, 53, 58[16]
      Genital cancers

Highest risk:[15] 16, 18, 31, 45
      Other high-risk:[15][17] 33, 35, 39, 51, 52, 56, 58, 59
      Probably high-risk:[17] 26, 53, 66, 68, 73, 82

Epidermodysplasia verruciformis more than 15 types
      Focal epithelial hyperplasia (oral) 13, 32
      Oral papillomas 6, 7, 11, 16, 32
      Oropharyngeal cancer 16
      Verrucous cyst 60
      Laryngeal papillomatosis 6, 11

• NO thanks

• STDs are a no go, sorry. I'd write her off.

0|1
    0|0

What Girls Said 3

• it would've been great if you gave the definition of HPV...

0|1
    0|0
    • ok HPV is a sexually transmitted disease, it can be cured. if i were a guy, i'd say no. wait until she is cured.

• It's an incurable STD which, like genital herpes, can be spread even if you wear a condom.

• Condoms anyone?

0|0
    0|0
    • Won't work with HPV, it spreads like herpes.

• So celibacy everyone?

• Most won't.

1|1
    0|0