First date with Muslim girl, now what?

I have never had the courage to talk to a girl and ask we out on a date, but when I met this pakistani foreign exchange student at my school, I couldn't let her pass through my life without becoming her friend. She is smart, funny and captivating to talk to. We have lots in common and our first date went well in my opinion, although in not sure she would call it a date... which is where this question stems from. I knew she was Muslim, but I don't know everything about sharia and dating. By any American standards, it was a date... However, she would not let me pay for anything for her... which I found odd, and seemed surprised when I opened doors for her. I really like her and want to be her boyfriend/friend, but I don't know how far this can go with her being Muslim. I am an atheist, and I doubt I will ever be an actual Muslim. This could be a problem because I've heard women are not allowed to marry outside Islam in pakistan. If she followed that, would she have spent 3 hours alone with me? She is really sweet and I want to know about anything I should be aware of/ respectful I when I hang out with her in the future. Also of there are any Muslim girls out there, would you ever love an atheist enough to try to work something out with him? I look forward to any advice!

Update: she said she doesn't want to date because of her family, so we agreed to do things together still, but as friends :) thank you all.

Most Helpful Girl

• Its cuz she's a sweet girl. Duh. I absolutely loatheeee if someone pays for me. I want to pay for my own things, I know they're being or whatever but id like to pay for my own food. I remember my boyfriend put £10 on for my oyster card I just thought to myself 'omg I feel bad, I should've brought more money grrr! '
    Im not sure about Muslims not being able to marry a Christians. Allah gave the option to people to be a believer or not. It's not a command. Its persons rightful decisions. Also, your gf, she might be different to me cuz Muslims are categorized im groups (this was never supposed to happen) and your gf is in sharia. They follow abit differently. I, don't follow myths that aren't written in the Holy book. Your gf however is probably. That will have sn affect on behalf of your relationship. Oh by the way, you can't actually go really far with a relationship when not being in marriage. I don't know about kissing or orals. However sex before marriage is definitely forbidden. Just like in the bible.

Ps, I think a Muslim girl can marry an atheist just as long as you don't indoctrinate her or force things on her about religion. Also don't make her change heer religion only if she said she wants to.

Obstacles are : her parents, culture rules, her thoughts (could be negative) and im not very entirely certain of it. Search that part up or email Josef/Joseph Islam. he's a scholar. Very helpful. he's open minded

• I've realized a lot because of him. He doesn't follow what the majority follows.

• Thanks, I wondered whether me paying was like a sign that it was an actual date... and as long as she payed for herself it wasn't technically a date? If a man is a real gentleman he wants to pay. I would honestly be happier paying :) thank you or the reply, you have ne hope... and stuff to read!

• Its cool bro, thanks for the HMO! :)

What Girls Said 2

• she will try to control you with roti. I once was conjured with indian lady, she was fierce made me curse on my boy friend and he got sick right away.

• I hear that too and seems a bit difficult i have a question for u did you kiss her in the cheeks or hugged her to day hello or goodbye? I hace some muslims friends and now her standards and stuff about them does she wears hijab? does you ever saw her paying or she told you she is going to pray? does she eat meet or chicken?

What Guys Said 5

• I've been with two Muslim women and dated one for nearly 4 years. What I've noticed is that many of them are becoming westernized and if left alone away from their parents will behave the same as most western women. However the issues lies with their parents and family. Many Muslim girls won't be willing to annex their family or be disowned by them. That's the reason both of my relationships failed and that's a massive hurdle you will most likely face.

• 0|0
  • I am really glad that you want to give her respect says more about you then anything firstly it is going to be difficult cause religion is a strong wall (would not say barrier)

• Q1. Can she marry you?
    A1. In Islam muslim woman is not allowed to marry anyone who is not muslim, i. e. (christian, jew, pagan, atheist, etc.).
    Q2. Why she met with you and spent time?
    A2. Because we all are human beings. People like to explore other cultures, nations, etc., simply just meet new people and make friends. If any lady, regardless of her faith or ethnicity, goes out with a guy it does not mean she plans to marry/date/make out with you.

P. S. If you like that lady and want to propose her, then have a respect to her and study her religion, get to know what are the main aspects of her faith. The shortcut and the best is to go to the mosque and simply ask questions rather than surfing google.

• Now, honor killing!