My ex said he wasn't sure if he should talk to me?

I broke up with a guy about 2 on months ago and we didn't talk to each other the whole time. The break up wasn't bad but it was good either. He was still in love with his ex and I didn't want to be his sex buddy (we had been together for 4 months). In the end I told him how much he hurt me and he apologized and said that he needed time to himself to get over her.

I was going threw my phone last week and I saw his name in my contacts. I decided to text and say hello. I don't want him back, not in his current state, but I don't like these Idea of enemies so I figured I would extend an olive branch.

He didn't respond and I was okay with that. I didn't want him to think that I was going to stalk him and call all hours of the day so a few days later I texted him and said that I didn't want to start anything and that I just wanted to say hello but he chose not to and that's fine.

He texted back immediately and said that he "Just was sure if he should." I told him that I wasn't mad at him and we talk for a few minutes and that was it. We didn't talk about anything to serious and end the end I told a little joke and he texted back a smiley face.

My question is, why would he feel that he could not talk to me? I have my theory on this but I want to get other's opinion. I'm not a mean woman, I'm not going to tell him off or anything and he knows that. Like I said, I don't want him back, I just wanted to say hello.

Most Helpful Guy

• Some guys have a hard time being platonic friends with women (especially women that they've dated previously), so maybe he's just hesitant to have you in his life at all as a friend/former girlfriend. For more on this, watch "When Harry Met Sally," "Friends with Benefits," or one of the other million movies on this topic.

He also told you that he was "still in love with his ex." Is he with that woman currently? If so, that could complicate things. Maybe he (or the other woman) doesn't want you around because that could interfere with his attempts to make the new relationship work.

Personally, I'm not really good friends with any of my exes, but I've maintained cordial relationships with some of them. It's nice to stay connected to people who felt close to and who helped shape you into the person you are today, but you will inevitably lose contact with some of your exes. It's not the end of the world.

I recommend that you don't sweat this dude.

What Guys Said 1

• Thats' some problem but I dob't have answer

What Girls Said 1

• Maybe he's actually back with her now