Guys: What the heck is going on on Tinder?

I met this guy on Tinder, from his profile he is literally the perfect guy, exactly what I've been looking for! From looks to the goals he has and has already accomplished in life and from talking to him he has the kind of personality I love as well. Anyway, we had been texting, but I went on a boarding trip in the mountains so it was a little hard to text (I let him know that my service wasn't so great there). Now I'm back though and after I sent my last text while I was away he still has not replied. It seemed like everything was going pretty well so, what gives?

It's been probably a week and a few days since I sent that text.

Most Helpful Guy

• Ya forget him. That sucks. Well at least you have 600 matches. As a guy I got 3 out of thousands and not 1 bothered to respond. Out in public I turn heads. On tinder I get nothing. I had people rate my pic and got anywhere between 7-9 but on tinder I may as well be a corpse.

• Really? Hmm, maybe it's hard to see your face or if guys have too many friends in their pics and I can't tell which ones they are, I'll swipe left. You should get within 100 miles of me hahaha.

• Apparently my photo is ok. Get within 100 miles? Ok. You live on Easter island right? Lol

• Lol, that is exactly where I live haha, good luck to you I hope you get more matches!

What Guys Said 5

• Tinder is full of players making there profiles full of lies and deceit. Not every guy is like it of course, but I wouldn't gamble on him only being interested in you. He probably has lots of other girls on the go.

• Damn it. Yep, probably true, I just didn't want to admit it to myself lol. I would like to think I am the only person on Tinder and the guys I talk to don't have 600 matches as well haha.

• I think the genuine guys actually don't get any matches. Its the ones that lie and look "brilliant" that do. I am a good guy, pretty handsome with a good profile. I gave up trying to get matches a long time ago. Its nothing to do with me, just Tinder. Its not an accurate representation of real life, don't worry about it.

• he could be busy too. give it some more time.

• He may have decided you did the inexplicable vanishing act so beloved of girls on Tinder, and moved on. You should probably do the same.

• I told him exactly what I was doing and that my service was crappy because, I was in the mountains. If he seriously wants to throw a fit and stop talking to me because he assumed I pulled a "vanishing act" when I told him before hand so he did have to sit there wondering, he's not a guy I would want to date anyway.

• You're new to this whole Tinder thing from the sounds of it... people just randomly stop talking to you left right and centre. Goes with the territory (for some reason) and you need to not be bothered by it or you'll have a lousy time on there.

• try talking to him again

• I've been curious about this app. Unfortunately, I've had a hard time downloading it because my phone's storage is full and I tried adding an SD card and my phone's still fucking up.

Does that app work well even for just finding hookups?

• Yes haha, but that's what most of the guys on there are looking for... but don't be one of the creeps that won't let a girl leave a date unless they hookup with you. That happened to me once, I had to call my dad, it was a huge mess... but the guy did take me home without a hookup lol.

What Girls Said 1

• If you had not met him in person your presence isn't really solidified. He could have met up with someone by the time you got back.

• That's true, thanks!

• You're welcome, strike while the iron is hot!