Why is church associated with good girls?

I lost track of how many times I've seen certain male posters asking ''Where are the good girls'' and several answers seem to be ''at church''.

I'm a virgin who would never be found at church; I don't even believe in god. I don't care about marriage. I would just like a relationship with a virgin bf for my first time.

Places where I'm more than likely found at:
- Wrestling practices or to the gym
- Libraries
- National parks
- Home
- After school science and math clubs, etc

Most Helpful Guy

• People who think religion goes hand in hand with morals and good character integrity are fools. I meet people who think this all the time.

What Guys Said 6

• its just a stereotype.

• Yet, I've seen several so called ''church girls'' that aren't virgins. A couple of my friends go to church and already had several bfs and not virgins.

• inorite lol. I know plenty of bad apples that go to church all the time, hence the stereotype :D

• just another stereotype... in fact religious people are the meanest ;-)

• It's because many religious people tend to assume that people cannot have morals without religion as "morals come from God" (what) so obviously all girls at church are believers of God and therefore followers of Christian morality and therefore definitely good people.

Of course, you can read through that sentence and find all the places where that logic can go wrong.

• lol i don´t know. i don´t associate "good" with going to church at all. it just means to me: one is overly religious (in my opinion), hence i´d not be interested. the only place, where you might find them is charity events, doing voluntary work to help some people. every other place you have a 50:50 chance to meet an asshole instead of a good girl just like everywhere else ^^

• Simply stereotypes, as others have explained here.

• Quite the contrary because church isn't a museum for good people, it's a hospital for broken people.

• I think so too. Many are for sure there for a reason... they aren't just there because they like it. Still, my own parents are getting divorced very soon and I'm undergoing a couple issues but that still won't convert me into a believer nor make me go to church... actually it's making me be even happier to be an atheist.

• I go to church because I have telepathic communication with my pastor.

• Angels rejoice at 1 sinner repenting rather than the actions of 99 righteous people.

The Parable of the Pharisee and the Tax Collector (Luke 18:9-14)
      9 To some who were confident of their own righteousness and looked down on everyone else, Jesus told this parable: 10 “Two men went up to the temple to pray, one a Pharisee and the other a tax collector. 11 The Pharisee stood by himself and prayed: ‘God, I thank you that I am not like other people—robbers, evildoers, adulterers—or even like this tax collector. 12 I fast twice a week and give a tenth of all I get.’

13 “But the tax collector stood at a distance. He would not even look up to heaven, but beat his breast and said, ‘God, have mercy on me, a sinner.’

14 “I tell you that this man, rather than the other, went home justified before God. For all those who exalt themselves will be humbled, and those who humble themselves will be exalted.”

What Girls Said 3

• I don't know what church they been too. Lol The church is mainly where all the wild ones are at... Most people say Sunday is when the freaks go to church because its like their off day.

• Some of the church girls are actually more wild because their sex drive had been suppressed their who lives.

• Stereotypical. Most girls who do go to church though and actually participate wih all their hearts are good. Although I have seen some girls at church that are very bad. It's just if you say they're at the gym, this isn't always true because you're more likely to find a bad apple at a gym than a church. I see what you're saying though. Just don't think too much of it. People are stereotyped