Is it right to spy? I'm sure glad I did.

I was in a long distance relationship (about 800 miles apart) for a few months. I was concerned that my girlfriend kept her "Facebook" status as "single" and had a provocative photo posted on her page. Anyway, she is very hot looking and she seems to enjoy the attention. Earlier this week I took some time off work and drove to her place. We enjoyed a nice couple days, we went shopping where I spent lavishly on her. Anyway, the last night I was staying with her, her cell phone text message signal kept going off, while we were in her living room. When we moved to the bedroom for some intimate time, I could her the phone continue to go off announcing text messages. Then, when we returned to the living room she picked up the phone and returned some text messages (at that point I didn't eavesdrop, I let her have her privacy -- she just said it was a guy she worked with and they were "just chatting.")

Well, she went to bed before I did and curiousity got the best of me. I picked up her phone and scrolled through her conversation and found they were flirting with each other and actually setting up a date. One of the guys messages indicated "Get rid of him!" (meaning me) "cuz I want to come over"

She replied "I wish I could, but not till tomorrow"

With that, I packed up my bags and loaded the car (it was about midnight). As she continued to sleep, I took her cell phone and texted a reply to this guy saying "I got rid of him, come on over, knock loudly" then I placed the cell phone on the night stand next to her bed, left the house, got in my car, and drove away.

I hope she was awakened by this horny guy knocking, then, thinking I would still be in the house, maybe panicked a little bit. I hope this provided me a little revenge on her little scheme. Was I right or wrong to spy on her like that and peak at her text messages? Finding out about this text conversation helped me to end the relationship right there before any more heartache (not to mention financial loss) was to occur.

Most Helpful Girl

• This is classic! I think you had every right to check her text messages. She was your girlfriend and her behavior was dispicable. You deserved to know the truth. In addition, I also agree with hippy, if she was honest then she should have nothing to hide.

Fabulous exit plan you carried out! It was sheer genius and very classic! You deserve better.

What Girls Said 7

• i think you should have spoken with her about it first. I have guys that text me persistently writing messages that show zero respect for the fact that I have a bf, but I would never give them the time of day. I used to flirt with them a little just because I felt like flirting was harmless, but the guys became extremely annoying, so now I just try to be friendly. I know those text messages sound pretty bad, but you shouldn't have left like that, it's always best to be cool, calm, and collected.

• i think you did the right thing.. and like hippy said its not really spying.. she was ur girlfriend and you had every right to know what was going on.. and if she really cared she wouldn't have hidden anything from u... so its good that ur out of it..

• It's not really spying she shouldn't have had anything to hide in the first place :)

• i applaud you. that is an epic story. seriously. good for you in every way. wow! love it. that sucks she treated you so badly but you did really handle it excellently.

• you did the right thing! it shouldnt matter if you read her messages because she shouldnt have anything to hide.. but she did. good on you.

• I liked how you handled it. She is so messed up thinking that you were dumb not to know. People should stop being in relationships if they are going to mess it up. And guys like him are idiots as well trying to wreck a relationship when he knows she has a boyfriend. She's stupid to go along with it. And I know she had to read what you wrote to him because it should be in the sent inbox. It's her fault for lying, hiding and talking to this douchebag.

• I think you did well. I spied on my boyfriend as well and found out he was cheating on me. Take us for idiots is not OK!

P.S.: she is the horny one and that guy is just a dirtbag! Good for you, you are out of it now.

What Guys Said 2

• I don't think you had the right to spy. YOu should have made her come out with it. I'd be curious if not upset if my girl was texting another guy so much. Keeping in contact with male friends and coworkers is one thing, but this sounds ridiculous and the truth came out.

I love how you handled it though. I probably would have just left and she'd wonder where the hell I went when she woke up. Not give her a chance to explain, say goodbye, apologize or anything - just be gone. Let her live with her decisions.

• Oh my god, man that was in genious, the way you exited out. Like none of my friends that I know of use this site, I'm thinkin bout sending it to them. so epic. I think you have the right to look in her cell. It shouldnt matter if she has nothing to hide at all. and the whole I wish I could get rid of him. that's f***ed up. and I'm glad man you got out of this relationship. I probably would have figured out who this dude was first, but your plan was amazing I love it .