Are guys "racist" when it comes to dating?

I use the term "racist" loosely, let me explain. I'm always confused on why when I say certain guys of certain races are attractive and another guy would give me an attitude.

For example, the stereotype that Asian girls like white guys. Whenever I'm talking to any guy of any other race and I'm like oh white guys are attractive they'll be like "of course you would" but in a really defensive way. Once a guy called me a traitor for liking white guys but I like Asian guys too?

Or when i say black guys are attractive theyre like "YOU LIKE BLACK GUYS?" As if there's something wrong with that.

Or Hispanic guys they'll be all surprised and say "oh I never thought you're like that" like what the hell does that even mean?

And when I say I like Asian guys, guys of other races imidately assume I only like and date Asian guys.

I'm just curious in why this happens? And it's literally every single guy? Like why not taste the rainbow you know? (That's a joke) but yeah if anybody can answer this

Most Helpful Guy

• "I use the term "racist" loosely" thants not a term to be used loosely at all.

What Guys Said 6

• Everyone gets excited over different things. We all have some sort of preference. The only thing that matters is that the person you've chosen, due to your preference, treats you with respect.

To answer your question. Yes, guys stick to women that look similar to them as much as women do. Growing up I never ever heard a non black person say a black girl was hot or attractive. And now one those persons lives in the heart of harlem, usa.

Be strong and let that big heart guide you ;)

• They're racist. I don't believe there is any thing wrong with liking someone who looks different than you

• That's all stupid, some people have a preference for particular races in terms of physical attraction, others are open to date any race. That's all there is to it.

• Yup those people are insinuating that you're racist.

Stupid, I know.

• i like latina and white women only
    .. just what i am attracted to.

• I'm a white guy and I would only date white girls. I don't mind some Asian girls and light dark skin girl. But never a black girl

What Girls Said 2

• You come from a racist environment, so expect racism if you talk to anyone about interracial dating.

• their just use to rhe sterotypes. Rules are meant to be broken. be you