Would you date a 29 year old without any degrees or certificates?

The person just decided that school wasn't for them. They do not have a great job though and make an average wage.

Most Helpful Girl

• Yes, of course. I've met my fair share of educated fools with degrees and certificates.

What Girls Said 9

• Sure... as long as you have a stable job, doing what you like and have goals in life that's all that matters. You don't need a college degree in other to achieve that. You shouldn't do something you don't want to. Not everyone likes going to college and reading books.

Funny thing is my father would probably criticized for that (dating a guy with no college degree) but that's very hypocritical because he doesn't have a college degree either (though he came from a somewhat wealthy family, he dropped out of college right in the 1st or 2nd year due to not passing math) and my mother was very poor.

• basically to my father... if a guy has a college degree and girl is poor... then that's good and he's a provider but vice-versa and he's a loser and leech. I hate that double standard.

Besides there are many people that have college degree and can still get laid off, lose their jobs or the company can shut down.

• It is only natural for a Parent to want the very best for this offspring to achieve the things they never managed to do and to see their children have a better life than they do.

Your Father is hypocritical because he is Parent and a Parent that wants the best for his daughter though that of course is not for him to decide so go easy on the old timer.

• and this is coming from a woman on her last year of University. I'll be ending my major late this year.

• I never finished school myself so that would be a little hypocritical of me, but my partner doesn't have any qualifications past high school and he works very hard for a bit very well paid job. It makes no difference to me what he does or how much he earns, he's still my beau.

• that's so cool d00d. a hard working person is always a delight to have in life.

• that is awesome! man honestly like life's struggles is what makes a life worth living, you get to experience it up front and personal. and at the end of each day there is content and gratitude which is utterly satisfying.

• @BertMacklinFBI he does make it all worth it :)

• As far as he is earning and financially stable I don't really care tbh.

• Depending of what you're doing in life... i mean, i wouldn't go out with someone without ambitions.. but i wouldn't date a man that has a carrer only to make money... both are just as pathetic to my opinion. if its a successful artist, or an athlete , or it goal in life is to go backpacking around the world then yeah, i would date that person...

• If you love the person, then I don't see anything wrong with it. Just make sure that you guys could work through any financial issues. Money really isn't everything.

• i sure would, not a deal breaker to me

• No, not me.

• Yes. Money isn't everything!

• i won't have any problem with it at all

What Guys Said 3

• Degrees and certificates don't denote intelligence to me. I've seen people hustle the street and learn life skills without a degree, usually through making their own business and using old fashioned hard work and perseverance.

Having an average job is fine, but having no drive and no goals to reach something higher? Whelp, then you're fucked to go nowhere professionally in life.

• Not really. just sayin

• Hey, I have a degree and I make a below average wage, woooo!