Girls, would you date a guy who wasn't as strong or as tough as you are?

Picture a typical computer geek or skinny hipster guy. You've seen guys like that around. If you are an average girl who is in decent shape, you are likely stronger and could likely beat them up, right?

They don't have to be computer geeks or skinny hipsters, just imagine that body type. Skinny, little muscle tone and small framed.

Would you date a guy like that if they had other qualities you liked? Does the guy have to be the physically stronger/tougher one in the relationship or is that sexist?

• Yes, I would have no problem with it.
  • Honesty, no. I'd prefer to be with a stronger man.

Most Helpful Girl

• Girls, could you date a guy who wasn't as strong or as tough as you are?
    Yes as that would even things out for me in case he gets physically/sexually violent.

• Yeah, I actually don't have trouble getting dates, I think for that very reason, they see me as non-threatening and know I won't get grabby or pushy on a first date or turn abusive later. (I would never do that anyway) but they can immediately tell it won't be an option.
      The flip side of that is girls usually want a guy who can protect them, not the other way around.
      I mean, if I were with a girl and we were walking in the city and someone jumped us, I would totally do whatever I could to defend us both, but realistically, many of the girls I have dated would be more effective than I would.

• Meh the whole 'guy protect me' isn't a trait I look for since statistically a guy would be what I need protecting from. I'd rather rely on myself then a member of the threat. I choose tazer/gun over a gun.

What Girls Said 10

• Well does he go around acting like a weakling? Because I probably wouldn't date that guy. But if he was just a smaller guy then sure I'd date him if I liked him.

• It depends. I'm tough enough and I could handle being with someone less strong than me but not like a complete nerd that can't defend himself at all. It would be weird because I can kick every bitches ass!

• Mm NOPE...

• I prefer small hipster/ nerds. Yeah, I'm a big girl so no one needs to say anything about that. But yeah, I'm cool with smaller guys.

• Personally i don't find skinny men attractive. I'd prefer chubbier ones

• I think physical appearance becomes less important once a woman get to know him better.. In fact, my first crush have the same body type you were describing ;)

• Yes. Strength comes from inside.

• I don't care about h being skinny or my being stronger than him, as im attracted to skinny and I'm very strong. I'm just not attracted to bodies with no muscle tone. On women or men. I like the feel of a firm body. Not bulky but firm.

• Uh no. One of the main things I like about a guy is how tall & muscular he is

• I'm a really fit strong girl but I ink skinny guys are so attractive I can't even

What Guys Said 0