We have great conversations of text, but not in person. What's going on?

I've been dating this really sweet girl my friend set me up with and it's been difficult. My friend said she's pretty shy and sensitive, but I don't know how long it'll take her to open up.

We've been on 2 dates and it's been difficult because she doesn't talk much and carrying on a conversation is hard as well. At the same time, when I text her she's very chatty.

It's gotten to the point where I'm not sure if I want to continue because it's so hard to talk to her in person. I try to start conversations but it goes nowhere. I just feel bad because I have never had to break up with a girl in my life and she's a really nice and sweet person.

What should I do? Should I give her more time?

What Girls Said 2

• Being a very quiet and reserved girl myself, I can see her side of this. If you have good conversations through text, and truly like this girl, then give her a little bit more time. It has only been two dates, allow her a little more time than that to become "herself" in person. I would say see how things are after date four. Don't bring up her quietness/shyness (that would make her even MORE afraid to open up and be herself), just be a sweet guy and show her you like her in person, make her feel as comfortable as you can and if she likes you she should start to open up. If she is still the same after about four dates, then maybe she is not feeling it too much and does not want to open up. Or she is, but is just super reserved, then it is up to you as whether or not you want to wait it out with her to see what would happen, or tell her you just want to be friends. Either way, you will have given her a chance, and you never know what will happen! I wish you the best of luck.

• Just tell her how you feel, I'm telling you, you cannot go wrong with that. CALL her and tell her that you really like her and would love to continue to see where things go, but it's becoming kind of difficult for you to really get to know her because she's not really opening up in person. Make sure you tell her that it's ok and you WANT her to be 100% herself when she's with you.

What Guys Said 0