Guys are vegan girls a turn off?

Are vegan girls a turn off? I went vegan about a year for some health reasons and I really don't want it to hinder me in the dating world.
I was going on dates with one guy and because I knew he probably wasn't into vegan I let him pick the place. When we got there I ordered a salad (because there usually isn't any other vegan option), and I asked for no dressing or cheese. I could tell that at first he probably just thought I was trying to be cute or weird.
Later he kept asking me if I was full and was trying to suggest places to go for dessert. He was mentioning ice cream, cake, frozen yogurt, etc and I just kept telling him I was fine.
We kept walking and I could tell by now he just thought I was one of those crazy girls on a diet so I told him I was a vegan. He basically just crinkled up his nose and asked me some questions but I didn't really think I should tell him about my health problems.
I thought the night went well but he didn't really want to go on a date and I feel like the vegan thing really drove him away.
Is it really a big deal to guys?

Most Helpful Guy

• Most guys will not be bothered in that at all. They would most likely think you are weird or not into him because you keep refusing to go places with him like get ice cream etc . Explain to him, you would want someone who accepts you for who you are just as you would accept them right.

The biggest problem is many guys think that women vegans will try to force or shame them into becoming vegan as well. Simply explain that it is your choice, and for health reasons etc ., and you will respect his choices as long as he respects yours.

Vegan in itself isn't a turnoff, you just need to tell the truth (actually a turn on!) and assure him you will not force or shame him because of his choices. If you explain all that to him and he still rejects you because of something as silly as that he isn't the man you thought he was.

What Guys Said 13

• If it is for weight loss, diet and fitness reasons, it is not a problem at all for me. In fact, I might ask for pointers on how to eat less meat and trim my own waistline, but still get the protein I need.

If it is for sanctimonious and Left political reasons, then it *is* a problem for me.

• It's for health reasons and for my wanting to lose weight also.
      Now I've learned about political things that I don't agree with but I don't really stop others from eating meat

• Thank you! This is exactly me. I used to hate all the vegans who didn't eat meat because they felt bad for the animals. But now I don't eat dairy, cheese and only minimal meat since I've become more health conscious.

• I'm not bothered if they're vegan. Though, I'd prefer them not to be.
    If I really like them, it won't matter.

One thing that is a huge put off:
    Is when girls feel obligated to put in their Instagram profiles that they're Vegan.
    I'm like; who the hell cares lmao. :')

• It would depend on the type of vegan she was.

For instance, if she was one of those militant, nazi-esque vegans like Freelee, I would never want to see that girl again.

If she was a nice girl who also happened to be vegan, but respected my dietary choices too, without making little comments, then I'd be fine.

• Not at all. But a vegan virgin is intimidating. Just way too many Vs and Gs and Ns.

• I find vegan girls more feminine

• Yeah. I'm an animal product eater.

I like cooking and being cooked for, so I'd much rather have someone who eats meat.

• I usually think of girls doing that stuff to be thin and cute.. but eating out is kinda a pain the ass..

• lol yes the tofu the tofurky omg it kills me the fake bacon fuck! as long as you don't ask me to cook for you i can care less.

• Not at all.

• it wouldn't be a problem for me if a girl decides to become a vegan

• Thats BS a vegan girl has absolutely no probem with me.

• As a vegan myself, I'd be happy to date you lol. :) For non-vegan guys I don't they'd be bothered by it to be honest.

• Not really as Vegan myself I'd honestly prefer a Vegan girl.

What Girls Said 2

• There are plenty of non food related activities people can do.

• You can't eat food at resturants? :0

• I can depending on the restaurant. Some have veggetarian options and I just ask them not to put cheese on it. Or I ask them to make it vegan
      Other times I go to vegan places or I just order salad

• A lot of restaurants have vegetarian options but not vegan options