Can you not love someone and be in a relationship with them?

Do you have to love them to be in a relationship?

• YES!
  • No way!
  • Depends how long the relationship has been going for

Most Helpful Guy

• "Can you not love someone and be in a relationship with them? Do you have to love them to be in a relationship? "

Those are two contradictory questions. A yes to the first, is a no to the second.

As such, your poll is confusing.

What Guys Said 6

• I am currently in a relationship that has a deadline, (we are both moving and don't see each other long term any way) but for 8 months, I really enjoy spending time and getting to know her, so why not? it doesn't have to be a bid eal, we are young.

• sure... if you're after his/her money... you don't love him/her

• Its common amongst new couples

• My answer is no. I'm in a relationship with my dog and I will love him forever

• I pretend to but I'm just there for the sex.

• Ha already did it. I dated a girl for 2 years and one day I woke up and realized I loved the idea of dating her and a girl in general more than I actually loved her. I loved the idea of loving her basically if that makes sense. She was manipulative and a liar but I let it go because I wanted her even though I hated her. So it definitely can happen.

What Girls Said 2

• People have a habit of doing that, so I'm going to say yes.

• No, I can't.. kudos to those who can.