Good places to meet women? Just don't say the mall

Not much of a bar guy either but I need to start dating again and whatever I'm doing now isn't working

Most Helpful Girl

• there's something called meetup. com you meet people in group settings, that have similar interests as you. Whether it's business related or things such as hobbies, it's actually pretty fun and safe.

What Girls Said 65

• Ha! I am wondering the same thing on where to meet guys. It is a little harder to meet guys as one gets older. Least that is what I am finding. I also do not do the bar scene and if you are like me in my stage of my life, I am looking to settle down. So the bar scene, I do not think you will find one like that. You can try dating websites but I have had bad luck with these (no I am not an ugly person, it just doesn't seem like many people are active or they lie and that is such a turn off.) I would say gym but I am not sure about that one. I am just venturing on the gym aspect. I contacted a very popular dating coach a couple weeks back - he had his own tv show and own family dating company. This was his response: "get out more and get active in either charity work, intramurals, networking groups, community activism, fundraising, campaigning, fitness classes, etc. Go out of your way to introduce yourself to others; men and women. Don't be shy about admitting you're single. More than 50% of the country is too. Good luck."

Hope that helps! Best of luck on your search! :) Hope you find your girl soon :)

• Doing things that you enjoy doing! I'm coming at this from the female perspective, but I think when it comes to the topic of meeting people, it's pretty gender neutral and works essentially the same way.

I'm not big on meeting guys at bars either - always hated clubs, more of a pub kinda gal and usually when I go out it's to have some drinks and play some games with my friends.

Not sure why anyone would say the mall - there really aren't any scenario's where you'd interact with a girl at the mall that you didn't go there with, unless it's a sales associate or you're being a creeper.

Back to doing things you like doing: I'll share my experience with you. Over the past few years, I'd tried online dating and it's never gone anywhere (though I do know others who it has worked for, so certainly don't discount it entirely). What I have noticed is that I tend to meet guys when I'm just out living my ordinary life. I've met guys on the gondola/chair lift while snowboarding, or at the hotel/bar while on a snowboarding trip. I've met guys playing soccer - either subbing on my team (which is how my current BF and I met), or me subbing on theirs. I've met guys through friends/acquaintances while out at the pub, a house party or get together of sorts. I met a guy I dated for a bi while participating in a beach volleyball tournament last summer.

Whatever it is you're into, just go do that. If it's a team sport, consider joining a free-agent team or a subs list. If it's an art of some kind, join a group or class. If it's music or comedy or improv, etc, seek out open mic nights to participate in, or collectives/groups to join.

• @Sara413 - Damn I knew there were other out there like me! This has been my method all the time, I just capitalize on the moment when I meet girls I have a connection with while I am out there living my life. I'd totally give you a Ron Burgundy high hive, but I guess an up vote is what I can actually do, hahaha.

• Anywhere but the rehabilitation center

• School? Work? Online dating sites? The gym?

• This is going to sound odd but going to the book store or library, or if you live in a city walk around the farmers markets and things. You'll be surprised at who you meet. If a guy was interested in me and approached me at one of these places I would be more interested than if it was at the mall or at a bar, but that is just my personal preference. Hope this helps at least a little!

• I used to schedule library dates with random guys that I met online when I was trying to meet people and make new friends. It was pretty successful. I met a lot of good people.

• A gym is good.
    Easy to check them out.
    Gotta watch your approach though.
    We get hit on like very day
    Every hour
    So boring
    if some girls finds you interesting
    I guarantee 100%
    She will let you know.
    We have our ways, trust me.
    :))

• Sorry, I disagree. The gym is the absolute wrong place to meet women. Most of us HATE being hit on, stared at, etc at the gym and no matter how nice of a guy you might be, hitting on us while we're trying to work out is ALWAYS creepy. Big no, no. Don't ever do it.

• Maybe, MAAAAAYBE in line at the juice bar after the gym.. or while you're both leaving the gym, that might be fine.

• I guess I've not had that experience that much.
      yes a little
      but not the way you described

• Church, grocery store, online dating sites , work. etc

• Take up a social hobby - like a sport or extra curricular class. Otherwise, Tinder is very big here in Sydney!

• Go to a place that offers something you find interesting. Chances are that the girl you see also finds it interesting and then you'll have something to talk about. ^_^

• U can either choose or ask ur lady to choose because everyone has different taste.. like for eg me.. I'd love to date a guy at a game place.. like winterwonderland... get on rides and have fun but at the same time talk to him..
    some girls love to meet at restaurants even if its to have a small cake, some girls love to meet at park? or go cinema? or cable car? or at boat?

• oh my bad! wrong answer.. so u meant where can u find ladies? well, i am pretty sure, if u are made for someone, u will either find her somewhere.. anywhere.. even though u may try to find one in places like the others comment but if she not the one then it wotn work.. it may but end up in bad place so be patience and good luck on trying

• It depends on what are your hobbies and interests. If you're an artsy guy, why not an interesting museum? you can casually start a convo by asking her analysis of a painting you like (I'm very artsy and I'd love that). If you like reading, go to a bookstore and ask some girl for advice of a new book to read... Hope it helps!

• try a bunch of different places like a library , coffee shop , book store , museum , park , fitness center , vacation places , etc. it kind of depends on what kind of girl you like, but all of those places would be good to start up a casual conversation with any girl. Good luck ! :D

• I agree, except for the fitness centre part. DO NOT HIT ON CHICKS AT THE GYM. Ever. Seriously.

• Gym, grocery stores, cafes, park, public transport, travelling (I met my boyfriend when I had a layover in LA while on my way back to the UK), church, beach, library, concerts... The list is endless

• Go out for a coffee, it's the right balance between way too formal or too informal. Makes me smile every time a lad suggests it☺

• Join a hobby recreational activity or sport

• Wherever you see someone you might be interested in lol don't be scared.

• This is going to sound weird, but it definitely worked for me.

Church.

I met the guy of my dreams at my church. He was the alter boy and I sang. But that's only how I knew of him. I was introduced to him by my religion teacher at a paintball game hosted by the church. It seems unrealistic, I know. XD and he's not even religious. His parents just made him go to church. x3

• That only works if you're religious, though, or at least open to having a relationship with a church-going person.

• Yeah that has truth to it. ^_^" But you can really meet a ton of nice people there whether you're (or they) are religious or not. :)

• Well it really depends on what kind of girls your looking for. Sports events are actually a pretty good place to socialize with women. Concerts, festivals and places like that are also popular. Good Luck!! :)

• My house. lol

• Gym, park, mall, concerts, running errands, your job, night clubs, movie theaters, coffee shops, bakeries, restaurants, library. You can meet people in lots of public and busy places.

But if all else fails and you're very desperate, try online and dating websites. Although it could be risky because you don't know what kind of weirdos and strange chicks you could be taking to.

• Online dating isn't desperate. Thought, I suppose at 19 it might seem that way, since it's much easier to meet new people at your age.

• Parties! Bonfires, Christmas parties, birthday parties! Even places like the bowling alley, you just need to have a fun environment.

• Go out and enjoy your daily life. Be friendly and make small talk! Dont expect too much. You can try online dating if you want. I don't like it if you ask me. I like to see a person face to face interaction at first sight not behind a mysterious profile.

• Being int the military and being in a different state alone its hard to meet guys for me. What I have had success with is actually meeting guys online, of course there are some that are a little sketchy but you just kinda weed out the crazies and you tend to meet some awesome people. We meet up for drinks or dinner and if they can't make it through a conversation with me, they dont hear from me again lol.

• @tamekapyt - I feel ya! Have you ever dated other military guys, just asking. Done it in the passed and it was pretty hard.

• Yes I've dated other military guys but it never really works out.. So I personally try to date civilians or prior enlisted lol

• Umm.. Café, library and parks

• Everywhere, anywhere, if you see something say something. Don't be afraid to speak to someone wherever you are, because you never know where you are going to meet someone amazing. Also, why not ask your friends to introduce you to someone?

• Museum.
    It would be a conversation starter everytime you saw something and you could get to know each other in a different way. There are so many things to talk about!

• The gym! If you find that you like someone while they are sweaty and nasty and looking their worst it is meant to be right?

• Try going to places that have things you enjoy?

• Maybe take some kind of class or sign up for a sports league?

• More from Girls
    35

What Guys Said 22

• I'm being real here, if you own a pet like a dog or cat, go to PetsMart. Girls, Women, they love going there. The best excuse in the world is acting like you want to hold and pet the stranger's pet, when all you're doing is trying to start up a convo. I don't do this, but it happens to me sometimes, but most women who approach just aren't attractive for my taste. Especially 21 year old moms who are divorced.
    Other than PetsMart, I'd say going to sporting events if you can.

• If you have a dog, go to the dog park. My brother has met lots of women by taking his golden retriever out :)

• ... of course, it works better if you have an incredibly cute dog, like a golden retriever lol

• I like meeting girls at concert smeans they're probably into the same music as me👍

• through friends? if you just approach girls out of the blue they get freaked out and if you go through the designated channels like online dating they get way too neurotic and controlling. your best bet is to meet them somewhere they're not necessarily looking for someone but where its not weird to start a convo... i mean not that i haven't met girls in elevators or bus stops, its just a bit more hit and miss than say, a party, where chit chat is kind of expected. if its out in public or something they'll hint at it and they're usually the ones that flirt first. i met a UFC model at a staples one time. She asked me which lollipop she should buy. :P So just be prepared for women in unexpected places.

• Yes we women don't like to feel targeted.. but when we like something we often approach too... with q' s about lollis :)

• dunkin dounts, supermarkets, delis, work

• Yoga class.

• barnes and noble, pick up a book by an author you know about, go up to the lady and ask her about the book she has or is looking for, i can talk about literture all day, it works like a charm, i have gotten 3 numbers from Barnes and noble

• Haha this is excellent! I have a theory that I'll meet my future husband in a bookstore or library.

• No way...
      Get out of my mind lol!
      i have the same thought! i always think so to! i am too afraid to approach girls at the library cause i feel like i will disturb their studies...
      but at the bookstore i can be a little more assertive

• The gym? Who goes to the gym to pick up girls lol? actually, scratch that, what girl goes to the gym to get picked up? That's a waste of time.

You can pick girls up everywhere and anywhere (but the gym).

You need to stop looking for girls mate, you need to let them find you.

• at a restaurant maybe?

• Womens Prison, Pussy Paradise There

• Try Church

• I picked up a bank teller last week at the bank.

• College campuses. Best place on earth.

• The mall!!! Lol jk. Try a fitness class

• A stripclub

• Justin Bieber concert.

• Park, café, library, museum, etc.

• but the mall is a good place

• Women's clothing shops.

• Paul Janka gives great advice, you should look him up, here is a video of him:https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dmYT6qlyIws

• everywhere I met my girl at the party haha:D

• Maybe in the gym...

• Art classes or gallery, charity events or volunteering

• Definitely volunteering! I respect men that I see volunteering especially the ones at my volunteer site