Boyfriend talks about ex all the time?

I have been with my bf for almost 6 months and known him since high school. Everything is going good except he won't stop bringing up his ex gf. He brings her up in casual conversation all the time and I told him it makes me uncomfortable and makes me think he still loves her, but he says I'm overreacting. He has only brought this stuff up since we started dating and they broke up a year ago.

I know details about their sex life that I should not know (The rough sex they had and how she moaned loudly). He mentions how she has similar features as me like eye color etc. He brings up the bad things she did to him frequently. If we go to a place they used to go to he becomes cold and upset. I'll ask him what's wrong and he says it brings back bad memories of her. For example, we went to her favorite store in the mall and he kept wandering off acting like he didn't know me. He didn't do that at first, just after going into that store and I asked what was wrong he said it reminded him of her. I can't even go to the mall with my boyfriend without this happening it's upsetting.

I told him it makes me upset and he still does it. I think he is still in love with her and I feel like a rebound or something to cure his loneliness. It has gotten to the point where I have started to lose feelings for him, especially after him mentioning sexual details about her. Am I overreacting? He says he is doing nothing wrong and not listening to how I feel.

He is also not speaking to me now since I confronted him.

Most Helpful Guy

• He doesn't take your relationship serious. someone's ex shouldn't be on their mind at all when they're with someone let alone telling them these stories!!! that's really disrespectful and you take it too well. do yourself a favor and take a break and see where his loyalties lie

What Guys Said 2

• He needs time, if you break it off and you like all of his other qualities then it may come to haunt you. I'd say to him, listen, "you aren't over this lady in you past and it is affecting me and us. I'm saying lets take a long break then make sure we are able to be with each other then" I did this with one of my exes it worked but unfortunately the relationship didn't; with you all the best.

• You hit a spot he didn't want to admit to. Don't be anyone's rebound

What Girls Said 2

• He's not over his ex, honey. Any man that won't shut up about an ex or still sees her in the places they used to visit together is not someone who's ready to be dating. And yeah you're probably right about you being the rebound. That's a terrible way to use someone and you deserve better. As for him telling you hurtful details like about their rambunctious sex life that's just selfish and plain me. He needs someone to talk to; not someone to transfer his pain onto. My opinion is that you should let him go and go find someone that can't stop talking/thinking about you... not his latest failed romance. I hope all works out for you! :)

• I would break up immediately.