Why do female bartenders get a bad rep?

Why do guys think we are all players? My dating life sucks because of my career... I'm a 37 year old bartender who, in my mind, is good looking and confident but for some reason I get this horrible stigma... I want a relationship just like everyone else... please shed some light.

I had a guy come into my bar regularly for the past couple weeks with his dad just relaxing on a Saturday afternoon having drinks and lunch and then he came back one Thursday night when I was getting off and called me over to sit next to him, I did. We hit it off and he said he had his eye on me. The only thing is he keeps making comments to me like "you get the pick of the litter" and "I bet you get hit on all of the time because you are a bartender". What are those statements about?

Most Helpful Guy

• I guess people just can't tell if someone working in the "Service" industry is just offering good service or is into someone or something.

What Guys Said 4

• Its cause Rick Ross is your daddy

• i believe because theydeal with many guys in a single night... they think they're easy" girls... BS basically

• What's the bad rep that you have?

• Female bartenders in general have a bad stigma... we are people too and don't just act upon every single time we are flirted with... we want relationships to!

• So what's the bad rep? That they'll get with any guy who gives them a tip?

• I dont think female bartenders are players. I think they are hos who have had a lot of ons with the type of men I wouldn't befriend.

What Girls Said 3

• Really? My dad's 2nd marriage was to a bartender, she is no longer one but was one for the first 4-5 years being together (but she bartended from like age 14 (yeah underaged not sure how she managed that) to 30), they are like 19-20 years together. They had two kids and I have a great relationship with my stepmom she is awesome. But my dad is no nonsense, no drama, no jealous, not mind game player, he is a what you see is what you get apperently to my step mom a breath of fresh air compared to her exes.

• I'm not sure but I think it would be a fun job so kudos to you!!!

• men make up nonsense in their heads about them.