Age difference, dating someone 15 years older than you?

What is your philosophical view point on this topic. Age difference and relationships. I'm currently facing this dilemma. I'm a paramedic. Im 20. I'm on a critical care ambulance 3x a wk and a fulltime student becoming a nurse. I'm "talking " to this guy in my company who's is 15 years older than me. He's turning 35 in a few months. Both of us are paramedics. We both do not have kids. He has a girlfriend, they live together and she is dependent on him but he isn't dependant on her. She lives in his apt etc etc. We talk and flirt and I wanna date him. I'm keeping my distance because of that BUT if they ever break up my big concern is the age difference. We are bboth very smart and mature about almost situation we both had to deal with outside and inside of work and I think we would be a great couple. I just want to see where everyone stands in this. Is a 20 yr old and a 34 years old a drastic age difference?

• Yes. i have an issue with a 15 yr age difference
  • No. i do not have an issue with a 15 yr age difference
Thank you everyone for your opinions. We are just talking NO "baby" etc talking just getting to know each other as friends ( just wanted to clear that up) I never talked to him about relationships or dating either. I just personally like him so I am not jumping into any flirtatious moment with him at this time BECAUSE he does have a girlfriend and I'm NOT the one who will want him to cheat or for him to cheat on her. He does not know how much I like him either. Just wanted to clarify that.

Most Helpful Guy

• I see no logical reason to make dating decision based on age. I have dated girls my age as well as girls 11 years younger than me. Im more concerned about attractions and how well our personalities click than I am with an arbitrary number.

If he leaves his girlfriend for you, how can you be sure he won't leave you for someone else?

What Guys Said 3

• No, it's fine if you want to date him once or if he ends his current relationship.

• Your only as old as you feel and connections between people know no age so if he becomes available give him a chance.

• So you want him to cheat on his girlfriend?

What Girls Said 2

• It worked for my parents I see no reason the age difference should be a problem for you. If he ever breaks up with his girlfriend I say go for it and see how it works out.

• Well the issue isn't the age difference... it's that he has a girlfriend. Don't jump right into it if you aren't in a real relationship, but I don't mind a 15 year age gap. It's about the connection.