I'm 14. how can I get to know girls and maybe ask one out?

Any advice because there is this girl I like, but around my age no one really dates. What is a good move and what is not?

Most Helpful Girl

• Honestly, girls are a bit weird when it comes to liking guys, they may say "oh looks don't matter I'm in it for the personality" and sure there are girls like that. But then again they can always turn around and say "no I don't like him he's unattractive". So before you ask her out, find out what kind of person she is.

Once you do that and you're sure she's "the one for you". here are your do's and dont's...

Do: Give her compliments but don't come on too strong. like "hey you look nice today".. try to get to know her and be friends for a little while...

Don't: Ask for nudes. I know your only 14 but things happen at that age.. Don't ask her out for the wrong reasons. She will most likely ask why you like her after a while and be prepaired to tell her the truth.. and most importantly DON'T RUSH THINGS! Take your time and enjoy life as a 14 year old while you can. Don't take it to the heart if she says no because she'll most likely regret that once you guys get older. Hope this helps and good luck!

What Girls Said 10

• Honestly just be as good of friends as you can be, be kind and always respectful, strengthen your relationship, and some day you might end up dating. You'll learn a lot more about girls if you get along with them as friends first, they'll be more open with you. If you actually date someone because you're close with them and love them it will almost always work out, as apposed to just seeing a cute girl and asking her out on a whim.

• talk to her more, text her more, and if everything's going well tell her you like her, cos it won't go anywhere unless she tells you or you tell her.

• Talk to her a lot and be humorous

• Just ask her. Literally. It's so simple yet so hard.

• Be straight. This is the best you can do. Be like 'Would you like to go out some day?' or 'I like you...'.

• Dude im the same as u! Lol just like if you start hanging out with them a lot and start to joke around about stuff and be nice to her then she will like you!

• When I was your age, I had no clue about relationship and stuff. You are too young to date, enjoy your life. Women have capacity to mess up your brain beyond recovery. So go join some sport, stick to it then you'll be fit and will have a nice body. And boom all girls will try to get you.
    Change the game kid. Make them come after you😁😉

• trust me wait till highschool if your in 8th grade im assuming? i was in 8th grade last year and just dont date in middle school okay? lol and just be optimistic and start a small little conversation with someone i guess lol just learn how to flirt without looking stupid

• u can start by texting her everyday, thats how u make a move. text her with a 'x' in every text. then she know u like her.. good luck

• you are too young to date people I know who have dated when they were fourteen regret it and always say it was pointless because they were not mature enough to handle a real relationship but you can still be friends with girls and also if you like her be a gentleman have some chivalry be kind and do not have sex before marriage

• People can have sex before marriage and 14 isn't actually that young, you don't know how mature this fella may be

• oh im sorry I forgot your the expert on everything

What Guys Said 3

• I'd strongly advocate a slightly different approach that offered by most others. Your attraction to her could be purely emotional and have no basis for any type of long term circumstance. Although you probably are not expecting anything long term given your age group I'd imagine.

But in either case it doesn't matter. I'd suggest you approach her as a friend that you think would be fun to get to know better, much as you would if she was a guy. If you determine that you two get along well as friends, or if you have already determined that. I would suggest you flirt with her and see if she flirts back.

Given her age it's possible she won't so you might want to subtly express your interest more directly by telling her, even in jest/humor, that you think she's pretty to test the waters. If she reacts positively she may express similar feelings. From that point I'd suggest asking her out to a movie or a park or something, and if you're feeling particularly ballsy I'd call it a date when you ask her.

• You're only 14. Whats your hurry?

• Just hang out with a group of friends make sure that the girl you're talking about and get to know her better.
    Then go out on a mate date with just her to get to know the friend more take from there.