Any gender: Do you prefer a virgin or non-virgin one (for relationship)?

Let's assume that (s) he is quite normal, doesn't act needy, but still pays enough attention to you etc

Regarding his sexual history, what do you prefer? Virgin or not? Which you you find Better?

Can you also specify why (if you have a reason for your answer)?

• virgin
  • not virgin
  • i don't care at all

Most Helpful Guy

• Virgin, the lesser the experience the better. To me I have this analogy of love. You have a paper shaped as a heart, and you give your love and share yourself intimately with another person and a part of that heart is chipped away. Then you meet another person and you have sex with them and share feelings and emotions with them and another part of that paper heart is snipped. Eventually, that paper heart, if having been in an extensive amount of intimate relationships, becomes so small and though you can give allllll that little piece of your heart, because you have given so much of your heart away already in my opinion it won't be as optimal as it could have been. Lastly, I find that the experience of first is always wonderful, making a lasting impression many times. There are no comparisons, the other person is all you know and maybe they aren't the best at sex in reality but to you they are the most experience sex worker skill wise without the experience. The joy of learning together and growing together in your relationship not just emotionally but sexually as well.

What Girls Said 19

• I'm a virgin and I'd want a non-virgin, but that's a mild preference I don't care much about. I would never consider it a minus if a guy was a virgin like me.

I want to give my virginity to someone who I am very serious with. To someone I want to marry and who feels the same. For that reason I'd rather have a guy who had other experiences and isn't likely to spend his life wondering what would it have been like to have many women. I want him to be less likely to cheat because he had his fun.

Also such a guy would be more confident with himself in the sack since he has experience and probably some sense of being attractive since he attracted other women. Sex is a very sensitive area for men and I do care about him feeling good about himself. Confident people make better partners.

I'm not saying a virgin can't be confident, or loyal. It's just an odds estimate.

• I prefer not a virgin but also not someone whos been with a ton of people. I'm just not confident enough to try to teach someone how to have sex and Im really bad at taking control so a virgin and I would just have really bad sex lol

• Don't have a preference.
    But I get how virgins would feel more comfortable being with another virgin, or how non-virgins would want to be with non-virgins.
    Or how some people would like virgins, but they, themselves, aren't (hypocritical or simply predator-ish)...

• A non-virgin who hasn't slept with like 100 women. I would want a non-virgin who had slept with approximately the same amount of people I have.

I've dated two virgins and both cheated on me and wanted to sleep around once they got their sexual confidence and experience from me. I felt like some toy they used as their ego grew.

• I prefer experienced, since it might take a longer time for someone non-experienced to learn how to do things right. I'm too lazy to be a teacher.

• In the unlikely event that a guy was my age and still a virgin, and we were dating, it wouldn't necessarily be a deal-breaker.

I wouldn't care about the lack of sexual experience. Sexual performance is about 15% of a healthy relationship and it's something that can developed and improved with practice.

I would be concerned about ability to be emotionally intimate and if that would be something which could be worked out in the context of our relationship.

• I would want a virgin guy.

• As long as I like the guy and he treats me the right way I don't care about his sexual history. It shouldn't matter or make any difference. It's their past and the future is what's important

• Doesn't really matter.

• Either one as long as he can join me in abstinence until marriage. We can still have fun though... Just no sex (yes that means no oral sex either).

• A virgin bf because I'm a virgin myself.

• i prefer that he be a virgin but it's not necessary

• I'm leaning towards virgin just because I want to don't need to explain. :)

• i'd prefer him to be a non-virgin bc i would feel awkard being the "experienced" one. however in a serious relationship I could skip that.

• A and C at the same time. I don't really mind but I guess if he was a virgin too it'd be just great.

• I don't mind a non virgin or virgin for a reletionship

• I'm 29 and I don't like younger men. I like men my age or older. There is no way in hell a normal man my age is still a virgin. When I was in my early 20s it was fine, but no normal person (except if they're waiting for marriage. That's normal and fine) is still a virgin at my age. So of i meet a guy who is still a virgin I don't want him. I am sexually active so I can't be with someone who is waiting for marriage even if I can respect him. If he isn't waiting for marriage and he's just a virgin I don't want him and I have no respect for him.

• Since am virgin I usually think of my guy to be a virgin. But then I get practical and I know guy are rarely virgin.

• I prefer a non-virgin, they aren't so awkward and oblivious.

What Guys Said 18

• Virginity doesn't matter at all. And one can lie about his/her virginity status. I have NO PREFERENCES!

• I do not care, the only slight concern I would have is entering a relationship with a girl who has never had a serious relationship and has chosen to play the field instead. There is nothing wrong with playing the field but it would concern me that she does not have the character needed to enter a long term relationship but I am more than willing to give it a shot and to see if she can allay my doubts and step up to the plate.

• Oops I voted the wrong way I would want a virgin

• I care that she be "low mileage" as in having been selective about prior partners. A virgin is appealing, but will require extra care and patience. One of life's great pleasures, incidentally, is introducing a virgin to oral sex.

• I'm not dead-set on it, but given that I've waited for the woman I love, I would hope she's done the same.

• As long as I can go in and out... I really don't care

• Someone who doesn't think sex is just sex.

• I want a virgin girl.

• I've only been with a virgin, so I may be biased.

• If you repeated the intercourse, you've been with a non-virgin too. xD

• Well true, never thought of it like that. I still say I never had sex with an experienced girl because she lost her virginity to me, so her experience is only with me.

• I really don't care, the girl is in a relationship with me right now, so her past isn't really relevant in that matter.

• both has advantages and disadvantages so it doesn´t matter to me.

• i wouldn't care but would like a virgin

• I like virgins. They dont call me the virginator for nothing.

• Not interested in virgins. Too shy in the sack.

• Either one but if we are going to do the nasty in the first year together I'd rather her not be one. I'm scared of doing it with one

• virgin they will love you more

• For a serious relationship or marriage virgins for sure, for hookups and one night stands I don't care.

• I can understand downvotes from women but why a man did that? maybe he's not a man enough.

• I don't care. But in terms of preference, I would choose virgin.