Does attraction or feelings for someone ever fade if you never get in a relationship with said person?

For example, you have feelings for someone but never end up dating due to some circumstance. Do the feelings go away completely or will they always be there deep down?

Also would like to add.. Would it still linger even after you get into a relationship? Thanks for the responses so far!

Most Helpful Guy

• sometimes the do if you catch feelings for a new person. sometimes they just stay and hurt you all the time -.-

What Guys Said 2

• I cannot speak for other people but for me they always remain, they are not as strong as they used to be but they never go away completely. It is as though there is a sense of 'unfinished business' there.

• They go away... may be very slight residue in some cases...

What Girls Said 3

• No! I could stay there forever loving them. T_T
    What happens is that I would feel unhappy about it and I try to move on.

• In my opinion, it doesn't go away because its still on your mind did this person ever like me? Would it have worked out? So its a lingering feeling. Until you figure out to let it go and go all in with someone else.

• Thanks for responding! Would you consider these feelings to continue lingering even after moving on with someone else? Even if they may be at a more subconscious level?

• They stay forever as "the one that got away" even if you get with someone else.