Does she want to date me or be just friends?

I have a friend (that's a girl) and we text all the time (I don't think there's been a day that's gone by since the new year that we haven't texted each other, sometimes she texts me first sometimes I text her first). Most of our conversations are random but we talk about some "deeper" stuff at times. We go to the same school (rarely see each other during school day) but we're in this same club and we hang out a lot, it seems like she wants to hang out with me.
other useful info: we are about 3-4 years apart (i'm older), we're both single, we just met last October

• She wants to date you
  • She wants to be just friends
  • I just want to see what other people voted

Most Helpful Girl

• Honesty, I can't tell you. I don't know this girl, and I don't know her style of flirting, as it differs from person to person. To be fair, if you are that much older than her, I would say that most likely, she fancies you/ would go out with you if you asked. She probably thinks that it's cool for an older guy to want to hang out with her. If you do end up asking her out, though... just keep your eye out for signs. You want to make sure that she's not showing you off too much to her friends, and then not being as close when it's just you two as when you're with other people. If that happens, there is a chance that she just wants to make herself look more desirable to guys in her year.
    It's 100% your move. If you fancy her, then ask her out, and see what happens. If you don't fancy her, ask her if she has a crush in her year. I don't know, maybe you could be seen around school together more (as friends or as more than friends if you're ok with it) to help her out with getting her crush to notice her. :) all the best (and if you have any questions, comment or message me) --- by the way how old are you both?

• I'm 17 (not almost 18) & she's almost 15...
      I don't know if I want to date her yet (mainly b/c of the age gap).
      We don't see each other around school b/c of our schedules (but we say hi to each other if we pass each other in the halls)

What Girls Said 2

• If there's no flirting going on and just conversations , especially ones that are "deep". 9 times out of 10 your considered a friend. Considering the fact that you two met not too long ago and its already on a deeper connection to where she's able to trust you on that level. Its possible that your just a friend , but its also possible that it can become more than friends some where down the line.

• I don't know how much flirting is going on to be honest (could texting me a lot be her version of flirting?). I'm pretty oblivious when it comes to girls flirting w/ me and stuff (hence why I asked this question I guess). In our texts we use the :p emoticon often if that means anything

• You are under 18 and she is 3-4 years younger than you? Soooo... is she like 13 and you are 17? Stay away.

• she's older than 13...

• I agree that young people are easier to be led on which is the main reason why I want to know if she likes me or not. I don't know if I want to date her (my main concern is the age gap) but if I decide I definitely don't want to date her then I don't want to lead her on

• You should forhet about her for few years at least. If she wants to date you she clearly isn't mature.

Anyways just look at the poll. You should just let it go

What Guys Said 1

• She is learning more about you.