Is online dating a good idea?

Should I try it? I party regularly and I'm fairly outgoing though a little reserved when it comes to men for certain reasons and I don't seem to find anyone. Is online dating a good thing or not so much?

Most Helpful Guy

• It's definitely an idea lol. Could be good, could be bad. I would give it a try, but not have my hopes too high.

• Haha gotcha thanks ☺

What Guys Said 5

• in my opinion I'd try meeting men in real life. People on online dating sites are usually clingy and in NEED. For a relationship. But if you really have a problem with finding men in real life, I'd give online dating a try.

• You won't know until you try it.

• From my time doing it, it hasn't paid off one bit. But what are you looking for?

• I met my wife/the mother of my child on MySpace back when it was thriving.

• It definitely works although I never get any replies but I have seen it work for lots of people

What Girls Said 3

• Depends on your ages and what you are looking for. Many times the guys on there are looking for sex while the women are looking for mates. I did online dating for 2 years. Most of the guys I met were not so great. Sometimes the men put on pictures of themselves that are old and when you meet they are about 50 lbs heavier and look different. That always made me mad.

BUT I met someone and we dated long distance (saw each other once a month, talked every day on the phone). We got along great for a year and then he cheated on me so we broke up. But the thing is with these men on those sites is they are also usually talking to other girls and looking around while they are talking to you. I even found out some of the guys that were talking to me were married or had girlfriends already. See how it goes after you meet. Always meet in public, too. Take things slow. I hope I answered your question!!
    Good luck, Sweetheart<3

• Online dating is just another way to meet people but needs a slightly different approach than in person. You talk to lots of people to find a compatible personality before going on a date to check in person chemistry. Normally you check in person chemistry to get a date so you can talk and check personality compatibility. And just like the real world, there's tons of normal people with creeps and assholes mixed in. You must see them more online because there is more people overall online.

• You can try it
    Just make sure you're safe!
    Get to know a person fairly well before meeting them and make sure they're real! Don't wanna get catfished Now (Skype lol)
    And make sure you meet somewhere public when you finally do meet.