Who thinks girls are more shallow?

Since the the ones that do the rejection. Guys usually aproach. Girls don't

Most Helpful Girl

• I think girls are shallow because we are kind of trained by the media and society to be overly critical in the way we ourselves look. It's why we spend so much money on skincare, hair care, makeup, clothes etc etc... It's unhealthy and can lead to eating disorders or just an inability to trust yourself and your own opinions on what is important to you. It's too much focus on the image thing basically and that is taught to us by our environment.
    For guys it's the same deal, men are visual creatures, hyper sexualised media representations of women, and how they should be treated/viewed. If every song you listen to refers to women as bitches or hos or whatever and ties their worth to their appearance only, it's going to seep in and mess with what you look for in women. It's again this image thing that's sold to us through media.
    Like the amount of times i hear guys say things like, men are visual creatures we get turned on so easily we can't help if we cheat. I'm sure everyone is a visual creature that has eyes, after all Magic Mike didn't make so much money for its characterization and complex themes. And if your brain cannot control your behavior and hence your libido, you should seriously consider being checked for a tumor.

Sorry for the rant, but everyone is shallow as fuck in my opinion. Except for Buddhist monks, they cool.

What Girls Said 4

• I wouldn't say shallow. It seems like girls generally aren't the type to reject someone because they're fat or anything. But we probably do have higher standards, personality and career wise.

As for guys doing the approaching, that's how most animal species are too. Males do the courting and females do the choosing. Which makes sense, really, since females are typically the ones who raise the young. Sex is riskier for us than men, so we have to be selective.

• i believe we're both just as shallow, and both genders are capable of rejecting.
    males and females get rejected, I'm not sure y u believe we're like some kind of evil force in ur lives that you hate to love.

• Rejection is part of life that hurts either gender. Though it depends on how you reject someone you're not attracted to. Not so long ago, I read a question about a male poster bragging about how he not only rejected a girl he wasn't attracted to but also had to damn comment on how ugly she was. That's so shallow.

I was once set up on a blind date with a guy I absolutely not attracted too. Unlike that stupid male poster, I only stated that I wasn't for a relationship at this time and like him as a friend. I'm sure that can't be shallow because what else I'm suppose to do with someone I'm not attracted to and don't want to be with?

Shallow would be insulting and humiliating them on top of rejection.

• yay for another generalization. ... although some girl's are shallow just as guys are NOT EVERY girl or guy is shallow. ... if I'm thinking a guy likes me and I'm also interested and he's not asking me out, why can't I take it upon myself to ask? if he says he's not interested then oh well move on..

What Guys Said 3

• Girls are definitely pickier than guys are!

• Agree! That's why they call ugly guys creeps. I'm hot a girls call me a creep.. Maybe they should look in the mirror for a change

• oh yeah thetes no question

• I would say both genders are as bad as each other but for some different reasons.