Is it bad to have never had a boyfriend at 18?

Sometimes I just feel as if there's something wrong with me or that I'm inadequate. Don't get me wrong I love seeing my friends and family happy with their other halves but sometimes I feel as if there just isn't one for me, is this normal?

Most Helpful Guy

• Sounds to me like it's something else your missing; in the last sentence of your question you put "i feel as if there just isn't one for me". What i'm suggesting is that there is an emotional void but maybe its not men, maybe it's a lifestyle, a certain car, a certain job, etc.

Often, i've found myself asking the same thing; never once did i believe there was something wrong with me. I wouldn't start now. Perhaps trying a new hobby or sport might fill that void temporarily until you come up with a novel idea you'd like to try. Recently i thought it would be pretty rad to travel the world just to see what the water tastes like in different areas. I think that, more than any relationship, is part of my own emotional woes - not living to my full potential.

More often than not, we get in our own way because we don't want to do these "ideas" alone; or look like some creeper for trying something no one else would dare. I've gotten to the point where i dont care anymore, it's either that i'm going to live my life, how i want, when i want, where i want.

Seeing your own value is part of what plays a huge part in that role, i may not know you but i have a general idea of a lot of people. Even some of the low-lives i meet are quite extraordinary individuals that fail to realize there's something really cool about them, even when you throw a compliment in their face.

Perhaps getting out of your routine might bring about a cascade of life-altering situations? 9/10 times im sitting at home, waiting for someone to call, and when they dont i fall back to whats comfortable rather than explore something new. I've never rode a train, can you believe it?

0/2500

Send It!

What Guys Said 17

• Is it BAD? No not at all. Even if you're 100 years old and never had a boyfriend, that's not "bad." When I think of "bad", I think of immoral.

Now, is it normal? No. However, this doesn't mean there is anything wrong or inadequate with you. People think if something isn't normal, then it's "bad" or "wrong" or "stupid." Guess what? I've never had a girlfriend. I've been rejected countless times and have just had really bad luck... and I'm SIX years older than you. There is nothing wrong with me or inadequate with me.

Just out of curiosity, have you ever asked a guy out? OR have you been asked out by guys but reject them every time due to being picky? Is this partially by choice? I'm just trying to figure out why.

Just looking at your photo, I think you are VERY good looking. I'm sure many other guys would agree. Of course, SOME guys will think you're unattractive but beauty really is in the eye of the beholder.

That's my take on this. Good luck in the future.

• It's more normal than you think. It doesn't define you as a person, and people won't change the way they think of you. You just haven't been able to find someone suitable for you.
    Keep your head up, there's someone for everyone, and you still have plenty of time to meet many many guys, one of them will be the one.

• its fine. its not really an important factor in life for the time being.

• i'm 23 and never had a gf either... ha! :-P

• Being with somebody is harder then you think :0 just putting it out there and its normal for your age. Hell, I haven't had a girlfriend since 15 and that relationship was pretty much make believe if you ask me.

• No, it's not bad. I'm 30 and I've never had a girlfriend yet, which is perfectly fine with me. I'm getting more and more comfortable and content being single for the rest of my life as I get older.

• Nope, their is nothing wrong with being 18 and single. You got plenty of time to find him. Your soulmate will appear in your life when you least expect it.

• I never had sex before and I had my first gf at age 28

• Sure. You just haven't met anyone worth your time. It's not a bad thing. Maybe you don't have time for one or maybe your standards are high (don't know so please don't bite my head of lol). But one day you'll have one ;)

• It is normal. You're only 18.

• *Insert the same answer I give to these questions every bloody day*

• Why people thinks as soon as they get to certain age they have to have partner? You are only 18 of course it is normal. Some people don't have any partner like till 25.

• I never had a bf and I`m doing fine

• I'm in the same situation. It's normal.

• It's fine , I'm 15 and I've never had a girlfriend

• Don't worry, I'm 28 and I've never had a girlfriend, kissed, held hands, had sex. No i don't live under a rock and I'm a very handsome guy. I just don't agree with girls in my area and how picky they are and how I feel they overlook me for other guys.

• I'm 22 and never had a girlfriend - I've had a fair few people ask or hint to me to ask them, but I've never felt connected enough with one to make something of it.

It's absolutely fine to have not had a boyfriend at 18. There'll be someone. :)

What Girls Said 6

• You're young. You have a lot ahead of you right now, college, career, starting your own life. You're going to be quite thankful one day for the lack of man in your current life. They just complicate things.
    You also need to rretirementealize not having a boyfriend has no reflection on you or your abilities or worth. Have you ever seen a girl where all her self-value is based upon the guy she is dating and what she does for him, then when he breaks up with her she has to immediately find another guy in order to have a life and live? Don't be one of those girls. It is just very sad and a recipe for disaster when there are no men left. Those are the ones that stay in abusive relationships because in their mind being hit or emotionally devalued is better thsb being single.
    Always focus on you and when the time is right someone will cone along that recognizes the awesome that is you. And if you think he is worth it, that's when you let him in for a real and meaningful relationship. There's no age requirement for when you need a relationship. And in my opinion relationships of younger teenagers are completely meaningless. Most just do not have the development yet to understand and appreciate a relationship. They may do things like give gifts on Valentine's or go to dances together with matching ties and dresses but all those things are the shadow meaningless and unneeded aspects of a relationship. You're not missing out on anything.

I'm 26. I've never had a boyfriend either. But I have a best friend, a man that loves me, protects me, is my partner in everything we do even if it is over the phone. He listens to me, understands me, let's me be crazy, and must importantly I know no matter, what he is on my team and by my side and I'm by his. And in getting married in a few weeks. Trust me. A boyfriend is not a necessary accessory.

• Its not bad at all. I used to feel the same around your age. But looking back, Im glad I didn't do anything cause I was way too naive and young and dumb and kinda still a child.
    You still have plenty of time, dont rush it and take the next best guy. Take your time. Meanwhile focus on other important stuff like your education cause boys will always be around.

• You don't need to worry too much. You're only 18. Enjoy being single!

• I completely understand how you are feeling. I'm almost 19 and I have never had a boyfriend either. But it's obviously not because you're inadequate or that there is something wrong. It's just simply you haven't met the one yet. I know that sounds very fairytale like and seeing all these happy couples makes you question yourself. But there are loads of girls out there who haven't had boyfriends at 18. :) x

• There's nothing wrong with it. When you're ready, you're ready. When you're not... you're not! :]

Just take pride in that and don't let anyone change your mind :]

• im 19 and never had a bf.. and i dont have a problem with it.. the right guy will show up when im ready.. i hope lol :)