Best way to get out of a date you don't want to be on with a guy?

Answer the poll, this is just for the future so I can get out of a date I never wanted to go on in the first place. It's a poll!

• "My mom called, I have to go home now."
  • "Oh no! I'm so sorry, I forgot I have a dentist appointment."
  • "I need tampons; I'm bleeding like crazy."
  • "So sorry, I have to do some extra credit for a class I'm failing."
I mean a blind date.

Most Helpful Guy

• I would rather she just tell me she doesn't want to be here. None of those excuses you listed sound believable in the least. As a bill collector I can usually tell when I'm being lied to, but tactful enough to not call them out on it. It speaks volumes about a person if they just admit they don't want to be with you. It will hurt my feelings, but that's my problem. I don't want to be the cause of any discomfort to a lady. If she just wants to go, then she should just go.

What Guys Said 12

• A date isn't a relationship - it's a chance to build one. If you've already committed, then maybe you should date him once and see if he might be cool, whether as a friend or something more.

Otherwise, just be honest - offer to follow-up with him, and then in a quieter setting, let him down with dignity by explaining that you're not interested. You'll figure out the best way from there, but avoid committing in the first place.

• Always have an exit strategy. I usuay use the alarm on my phone to fake a call that I have to take and then say I have to go, I don't have time to explain but it was really nice meeting you.

If you make up a lie, it's always obvious. The trick is to just not lie but not tell the truth at the same time.

• I said C just cause its funny and i guess i would understand and really don't want go out with a girl while she on her period and be all moody. I say just be honest to the guy he might try to make u go our but as long u stand your ground and maybe some logical excuses he will understand that or tell ur 5th grandma died lol.

• I'd prefer honesty. If you dont want to go on the date, say so, he may be hurt but he'll get over it (probably have a butthurt story to tell his friends, but he'll be over it).

• Dont fucking waste his time and most likely his money, dont accept.

• Be honest that you're not interested in him. Don't leave him in the dark, pining for you.

• Just be honest.
    Tell him the truth and don't try to sugar coat it.

• How about not saying yes to going on the date in the first place.

• Tell him your to good for him

• how about just call and cancel

• none of the above, just tell him the truth... honesty is the best policy

• She should simply say, I am not comfortable and I don't want to be here anymore.

What Girls Said 12

• next time don't say yes to a guy you didn't want to go on.

but it is plausible that you initially may have wanted to date him but then changed ur mind... personally id probably say something came up then never reschedule

• "I'm not interested in your anymore."

• How about saying no to the blind dates to begin with? That way no one's time, money, and emotions are wasted on someone not good for them.

• If you don't want to be on a date with a guy in the first place, why say yes whenever he asks you out?

• Just act like something came up and you couldn't make the commitment. Then later on down the road if he keeps asking, just be honest and say you're not feeling it. Or you are just too busy to make a committed effort to seeing him.

• just be honest that you want to leave.

• I know its a poll lol.. but give him a chance and if its really that bad i go with D lol

• use the tampon one and there will be no questions asked

• If you're really not interested in him, you should say no to a date in the first place. Better to turn him down right away than to get his hopes up.
    HOWEVER, there's a bunch of guys telling you to say no to a date, but I've also seen SO MANY guys on this site complain that "no girl gives them a chance."
    SO, if you're going on a date with a guy to give him a chance, or because you're trying to be nice, then as @sexualchrist says you should always have an exit strategy. You don't want to be on your phone the whole time, so before you go out tell a friend (or Mom) to call you an hour (or 2) into the date. So if you've just been sitting awkwardly at the restaurant waiting for the check, the phone call will give you a reason to say "I'm sorry I really have to go..." etc. And if you're actually enjoying yourself, you can not answer and then text your friend "call in another hour" or "never mind it's going great!" [You can tell him "sorry my friend is bugging me, let me text her so she knows I'm busy and will call her later"]

If you don't have a phone call set up, there are a few other ways you can end the date. If you live with your parents, you can always say "it's late and my Mom will worry" or "sorry I have to let the dog out" or "my mom needs me to come home." If you're in school you can say "I have a lot of homework to do sorry" "oh my gosh I just realized I have an essay due tomorrow, I should get home soon" or if it's a week day "I have class soon and I need to stop by my room to pick something up"

• If you are on an actual date and not enjoying it, just cut it short by saying that you've had a nice time but I have to go now. Sometimes, it's best to be straight and leave him with no questions unanswered.

• before a first date, id be like "we gotta make a promise here. if either one of us isn't feeling it, we can get out of the date any time." that way it takes the pressure off

• it may seem rude to you, but the truth is, it saves both parties from that feeling. why waste each others time if you aren't feeling it

• I get my friend to call me with an emergency if I'm actually with him, or I tell him my family member needs urgent help if we haven't met up yet