How often should you text a guy when you're still in the early stages of dating?

What would be appropriate? Once a day? Once every few days? Only to organize your next date? Wait for him to send me something?

I'm just confused at this point and want some kind of indication of what's good and what's not good. I don't want to mess anything up :/

• Every day (1-2 times)
  • Only once a day
  • Once every few days
  • Only when someone thing important needs to be discussed (like next date plans)
  • Wait for the guy to text you and then you should only reply

Most Helpful Guy

• Whenever convenient. Text him a while after he texts you and don't worry if he takes a while to reply. I had lots of questions for the girls I was interested in dating further so we would usually talk in the evening and text when convenient with our work and class schedules.

What Guys Said 6

• Pretty much only when arranging the date and place to meet. I wouldn't pester someone with a lot of messages when you're just getting to know them. A guy would be accused of stalking! A girl, of being clingy.

• Every day (1-2 times)

• Text him every so often or how he seems to like to

• Yea every day lets him know your interested

• I think you should just talk whenever you feel like it. No one likes the boring "hey" "how's it going" "nothing" conversations though so talk about something worth talking about if your going to. Thats just me though. :)

• i think every day

What Girls Said 1

• Everyday so he won't forget about me.