When can I ask if he's interested or not?

We went on a first date last weekend. Since then he's been blowing hot and cold. He text last on Thursday and I've not texted back. I wanted to see if he cared enough to text me. He hasn't. When can I ask him if he's just plain not interested?

Most Helpful Girl

• He hasn't messaged you in how many days?

• Like a day and a half

• Give him a week, if it's that long, don't give him the time of day because he didn't bother to contact you, which means he doesn't value you enough to prioritize you.

• Then let hen l him now you are not invisible

What Guys Said 2

• text back then and see what will happen...

• Don't play games with him. Guys hate games.
    "He text on last Thursday and I haven't texted back. Wanted to see if he cared enough.".. He ALREADY cared enough to text. Now YOU are looking like the jerk that isn't interested.
    You better step up, or he is going to step off and find a girl that won't test him to just see "if he cares".

What Girls Said 7

• At least a week girl! And I mean, it doesn hurt to send him a message. I'm the same way. This guy asked to hang out and i said sure, but he never specified when. Then a whole week went by and he ended up texting me to reconfirm if i still wanted to hang out with him.

• You're over 25 - too old for games. If you want to text him, text him... he may very well be wondering why YOU didn't text him back and have been ignoring him...

• Honestly you went on one date and he showed he was interested in you by texting you after the date. When you didn't reply he probably took it as rejection, why would he try again especially since youve only been out once. Its waaaay too early to even bring up if someone cares about anyone yet. Im not in any way trying to be mean or harsh but this is the truth. If you liked him and he obviously liked you if he pursued you after the date then give him a text

• Don't ask him if he interested or not just ignore him hell wonder what u up2. he cd be dating some1 else on the side to sounds to me like he's stringin u along. ignore him ignoring does wonders n if he doesn't come bk he prob wsnt in2 u. then just move on.

• Its one of those things where I think that if a guy REALLY cared, he definitely would've texted you by now. HOWEVER, this doesn't mean this is the only thing. Maybe he's just shy and is still contemplating on whether or not he should show signs of interest, as its only been one date. But try not to do the whole 'wait' thing :(

• Actions speak louder than words. By not keeping the conversation going you are telling him that you aren't really interested.

• Text him!! You're obviously interested in him. Don't make the guy wait!! Maybe he is waiting did you to text him.