1st date to a hockey game?

is a hockey game a good place for a first date?
I've recently stumbled into a pair of tickets and I'd like to ask this girl, but im not sure if a hockey game is the best place for a first date, or whatever it turns out to be.
i see her at the gym kinda regularly. We know each other and are pretty friendly, but we don't really know each other that well and have never been out anywhere before.
I've actually asked this girl out once before, many months ago. she said yes, but changed her mind and cancelled claiming she was not totally over an ex and was not ready for another relationship. (bummer)
I've wanted to ask this girl out (again) for a while now, but i don't want to blow it by picking a lousy spot. thoughts?

Most Helpful Guy

• Sure it is if you both are into it, you can have dinner after the game

What Girls Said 1

• Good idea if she likes hockey. Something for you both to watch, so it isn't intense with all the attention of each other and kind of interactive I guess. I'd say go for it!!

What Guys Said 5

• Does she like hockey? If she does, then it's good. There are parts of the game that slow down and you can get to know each other. It's also okay to be silent because you're watching the game.

• That's awesome better make sure she knows how to play and to make things interesting throw in a little wager for the winner...

• Depends if she likes hockey or not, ask her if she's cares for it any. It'd be stupid to surprise her with it and she hates hockey.

• Depends, I wouldn't take her to an NHL game for the first date but it could be very cool in minor leagues.

• great first date if you want to make sure there's not a second