Meeting a guy I met online, tips?

So I've been talking to this guy that I met online and we want to hang out in two weeks when we're both free. My friend is going to be with me to be safe but I don't want it to be really awkward when we meet for the first time. Any tips?

Most Helpful Guy

• In order to see if he's real, you should Skype with him. A couple of hours before the date, call him to make sure it's still on. There's always going to be some points of awkwardness. The point is are you comfortable around him. If nothing else, start talking.

• I've known him for about a month and we send pictures on Snapchat and stuff so I know he's real haha

• @asker pictures are not good enough. have a live video chat first. maybe meet up in a group as well, both of you could invite another friend along. besides safety, that'll help make it a little less awkward.

• I am meeting him with my friend first lol I'm not an idiot

What Guys Said 2

• Do something besides sitting around, like bowling or kicking fat squirrels. It's going to be awkward. That can't be helped. You have an idea of him and seeing his actual flesh will be different. That moment can take a while to process, but it doesn't last forever.

Ignoring it and pretending it doesn't exist helps. That's my approach. Act super confident as if this sort of thing always happens.

• I don't recommend doing this. Seriously, DO NOT do this

What Girls Said 2

• If you've been talking awhile it should make it 10x easier. That's usually my approach. When I know I'm going to meet someone I try to talk with them often so we can learn about another so I know what to say and what not to say when we finally do meet.

I do this for males and females I've made friends with online and have met.

• video chat first. you want to be sure you're meeting up with the boy you think you are and not some crazy old pedophile. and hangout somewhere very public.