Whats your opinion on online dating?

Whats your opinion on online dating?

Most Helpful Girl

• Dont see anything wrong with it. For some people it works amazingly well but there's a lot of people on certain sites (mostly the free ones from what I hear) that are only looking for a hookup. My advice is just be careful.

• Yea, my concern is that it'll be harder to tell online whether someone is genuine or just after sex.

• There are signs but the best way to tell is when you meet up with the guy. How he acts around you. My rule of thumb to tell if he's genuine is just wait like a month on sex and that includes oral and hand jobs. If he doesn't pressure you or bring up sex then he's probably sincere.

What Guys Said 6

• It's a different way of meeting people and it presents its own set of challenges. There is no easy way to meet the right person aside from the usual means of proximity.

People have to work harder and be more presentable in order to stand out. Why? Your competition is a few pixels next to you. Even if you're better than most people he or she meets on a daily basis, this perception of an "endless well of opportunities" makes you expendable for very shallow reasons.

Attractive people have no issues finding suitors, but everyone else has to be crafty.

• It's almost like a first date, essentially an interview. You can turn down people without them knowing. You can search for people you think you want. That's one of the negatives is that you turn down a guy that could potentially sweep you off your feet.

• It seems very weird at first but I think it's mostly fine once you get used to it.

The things I have a problem with are people who lie, are fussy, don't respond, or are otherwise weird. They exist in real life too, I suppose, but dating sites give them more tools to be weird.

• It's ridiculous.

The popularity with online dating shows how in society today we have lost the ability to simply communicate naturally. I can't stand online dating and the type of people on those sites.

People need to learn to get a date in the 'real world', stop being such divas, and grow the balls to speak to someone face to face.

• Never used it. Actually met my GF on Facebook. She friended me and we just got to talking more and more. It didn't even start out as a romantic thing, though I always found her attractive.

• I am 43, so , I struggle to trust it. But, for younger people it seems the way that they largely interact these days because life has become so much more hectic/demanding

What Girls Said 3

• That's how I met my boyfriend so I can't say it's always bad.
    Though... I was on one website and to be honest, most men only seemed interested in sex. It was okay because that's what I was looking for, I just happened to want more with the man I now share my life with.

Though, I have two friends who were on the same website and they rarely met a man who wants to date or want something serious. I don't think it's only on that website.

I guess, it's just hard to really get what people are after on those websites.

• It is difficult to find a real strong connection online. In real life, it is natural, happy, and healthy and i think that's the way it should be. You can really get to know someone in real life.

• I dont have an issue with it, just be careful who you meet up with