What is the longest you have been stuck on someone?

There is a guy who I have had a thing for since i was a sophomore in high school.. But now i am a freshman in college. There have been guys in between but my mind always wanders back to him. We never even dated (but liked each other) but he was the greatest guy I ever met. He was everything in the man id love to marry someday. I know that sounds weird. I haven't seen him in 2 years because i moved away but i miss him. What do i do?

Most Helpful Guy

• About three years. Nothing you can do but fall in love again. As many times as it takes. Love should only be the highest possible point of affection in your life and nothing less. If you can't say that about who you're with, then it sure isn't love.

Just don't rush. Give them a chance to sweep you off your feet.

What Guys Said 4

• Almost 25 years and counting.

• Dang, who was she? How'd you meet her?

• LOL. Well, I first met her around May 1990 in college. We had a mutual friend and I happened to see she and him talking outside as I was walking by. He introduced me to her and said "This is the girl I sold my Metallica ticket to." (I bought 4 tickets to see Metallica in March 1989 back when they were a real band. My buddy couldn't go, so he sold his ticket I bought for him to her.) We went to a nerd school so it was like 5 guys to every girl. She was beautiful, but I expected her to be bitchy. Over that summer, I bumped into her a few times. Then, on Friday 10 AUG 1990, she sat down with me in our school's Student Union (I was a grad student, she was working over the summer.) I found her to be very attractive in all senses. By 22 AUG, she was my girlfriend (and a virgin, I would learn!) By October, I knew I wanted to marry her. She had other plans and dumped me on 12 JAN 1992. I still communicated with her some time later. Last I heard from her, it was 1997. Broke my heart and I...

• ... never fully recovered. She's an Objectivist zombie now married to a douche. She is estranged from her mother and father who hate their son-in-law for taking their daughter away from them. So, I keep in touch with her folks. I bet they wish I married their daughter - they knew my heart was broken. I'll go to my deathbed never healed from this.

• Around 3 years. It was very unhealthy. Taught me the importance of letting things go and moving on. Of course the actual moving on part is always rough.

• only like 3 months now

• 3 years after we broke up.. first relationship I actually learned somethings from.

What Girls Said 1

• There was a dude I had a thing for from 7th grade all the way until 2 years after graduation. Fuckin' SUCKED.

All my crushes have lasted a lot less longer than that one since I've gotten over him, though this new one is a real headache waitin' to happen if how it's been goin' is any indication.