Why do so many people end up completely hating their exes?

I mean, it's someone you once loved and then to go the complete opposite direction seems so sad to me..

Most Helpful Guy

• There is a good reason why so many people end up hating their Ex's. Think about it this way. The beginning of the relationship is like having a full tank of gas in your car. There is a limited about of milage per tank. When that used up the car can't go on anymore until you refill.

The same is true for relationships. In your heart, there is a limited amount of interest level for your partner. Most men and women begin relationship with high interest and depending on how the partner acts lowers the interest level rapidly or slowly or not at all. Some may even raise the interest level.

Believe or not, in 97% of relationships the guy lowers the interest level of the woman and not the other way around. She's the one that ends up dumping him. His negative behavior uses up her interest in him slowly or quickly until she has no more to give.

By the time this happens, she has tried everything to prevent the inevitable with no success. Even when she realizes there is no saving the relationship, she will stay on until she can no longer stand the sight it him.

This is what causes the Ex to be hated. This is also why "getting back together again" rarely, if ever, works out. A breakup should be permanent with absolutely no contact with the Ex. It's best to refill your tank with a new love interest.

What Guys Said 2

• I don't hate exes I just move on.

• Every action have reaction

What Girls Said 3

• Well that person betrayed your trust and hurt your feelings , so you only really get the urge to resent them.

• We hate them because we love them despite what happened, deep down we still do but we feel hurt. They say the opposite to love isn't hate, it's it's indifference.

• I only hate my ex because he said many hurtful things to me after we broke up