How do I get my parents to understand me?

Im attracted to black guys and I'm white, but my parents don't understand and they really want me to date a white guy. They don't understand that Im attracted to black guys, especially since I'm talking to one now and we really want to date each other. What do I do?

Most Helpful Guy

• You have to weigh the pros and cons and decide what's worth it for you and if you want to risk what will happen if they catch you disobeying them.

I will say that they are being way over controlling. Teenagers need to learn how the world works and how to make sound judgment calls. They can not do that if parents try to make every choice for them.

If I had a teenager I would teach them about relationships and how to tell the difference between a constructive one and a destructive one. And give them the freedom to decide on their own.

If I found out that they were dating someone I would be far more concerned if that person respected them and if they were happy. If both of those elements were present I would not care about their age, race, religion or political views of their romantic interest.

What Guys Said 2

• You gotta live life for you. Maybe they will come around

• they never will i guess u gonna get disowned for contracting jungle fever

What Girls Said 1

• Just do what you want. Ignore them. HopeGood for you for being such an open minded person when you were raised by such closed minded people.

• Sorry, phone messed up. Good for you*

• Thank you!