Why is it so hard to get a boyfriend these days?

Why is that every guy I talk to seems to lose interest in me or walk away so soon I don't get why it's so hard to find a guy who wants to be with me?

Most Helpful Girl

• Just by reading this I can tell you: you reek of desperation.

Instead of trying to find a boyfriend find a few hobbies you enjoy and place all your focus on you and your life. When you do that, you build natural confidence that becomes appealing to men and then they find you interesting instead of something to avoid.

Ever notice when you really really want an animal to come to you and the more you try the more it runs away from you, but if someone (or you) is ignoring that animal, it automatically goes to them and is desperate for their attention. Same concept.

What Guys Said 2

• I'd try to go to places that excite me and meet people there. It's hard cause your preference in men vs reality ain't connecting. I don't know why my dating life so dry either.

• I've always wanted a girlfriend and have had one but never really got continued cause i moved. But i actually have to be friends with them first for me to want to date them. Especially if i didn't know if they liked me or not. If i knew they liked me then id probably just ask them out right away without really knowing them. Then we would break up like a week later. Like how one time i thought this girl was really cute and that we should get to know each other. Which we did and i thought we should have dated (she was dating another guy at the time). I then found i was moving which sucked, so then we both ended up moving away from each other. I then later asked her if we should have dated and her response was she didn't know. Which is code for probably not. You may end up liking somebody, but that doesn't change there opinions on you. You have to be lucky to find someone else that likes you in the same way that you like them for. Whether that's a good match, who knows.

What Girls Said 2

• It's easy for me to get guys interested and it's not super hard to get a boyfriend, but I'm not a mentally stable person so keeping a boyfriend is hard. :/

• Same for me! I'm 20 and never had a boyfriend cuz guys i go crazy for either don't like me back or lose interest, then the ones that go crazy for me i have not interest in---wtf?