The Great Escape From The Friendzone?

How do I get out of the friendzone? I have a friend and we've know each other for about 8 years and after a while I thought I didn't have feelings for her anymore but just recently I realized that I have. So I'm asking how do I get out of the friendzone?

Most Helpful Girl

• Well, one thing you really shouldn't do is telling her you liked her for soo many years and you're completely in love with her. She will run away instantly and find it awkward to talk to you again. Be subtle, especially because you know eachother for 8 years. Say something like: "I think you're a really great person and I've developed some feelings for you. Would you like to out with me sometime?". Keep it breezy and non-awkward to make the risk of you guys never talking again as little as possible.

What Girls Said 13

• I think it is possible to get out of the friend zone, depending on the type of person. If you really can see yourself with her seriously, then go for it! Tell her you have feelings for her! Take the risk because you'll never know what could've happened if you don't try.

Just take this idea into factor that you might not want to ruin the friendship you two have developed. Make sure you are 100% sure you want to dive into a relationship with her. Because what if (not saying it will happen) you two break up? Then it might get awkward and everything including the friendship will be gone. You gotta be careful, the friend zone is a risky thing to get out of my friend. Good luck.

• Don't complicate things by sending subtle signals. Just be straight up with her and let her know your feelings. I know it's difficult because of the possibility of rejection and everything, but this is the quickest and best thing to do. Too many people wait for signals from the other person or wait for them to say something first and then miss out on great opportunities. Don't be one of these people. She's been your friend for 8 years she obviously cares about you.

• There's no escape from a friend zone u can't trick ur way in2 a girls pants. ure either her type or u aren't. let ur intentions known otherwise continue being her friend and find a girl who sees u as somethin more. cse with me I dnt care hw long I knw the guy if I dnt see him as the type I'd sleep with nothing gna change tht.

• This is was the same situation that my BF was in. All he did was ask me out, and now we plan on getting married!

• This shits really popular ain't it.
    But just tell her how you feel, the worst thing that will happen is that she just don't feel the same but want to be friends.
    Take a risk.

• Ofc it is why do you think there's so many romantic movies? Lol

• The only sure fire way you have of possibly getting out of the friend zone is to tell the girl. We aren't mind readers and she may not be able to tell if you have feelings for you or not. Just talk to her, be confident and don't come on too strong.

• You're not in the friend zone you are just friends OMG. Perhaps you should express your interest in her as more than friends.

• Yes, and then when she rejects him are you going to admit he's in the friend zone? Do you or do you not have any male friends who are more like a brother, who you would never ever touch? Because that's what friendzone is.

• Yes I do but I don't see them as friendzoned? That's what friendzoned is. How many times can I say that? When you will never date a man in your life, because he's too close to you as a friend/feels like a brother. That is friendzone.

You are describing doing it right now and you just don't want to call it that.

• @M_A_X Friend zone is more of a feeling someone has when they like someone as as more or want to pursue them. People have been getting rejected since the beginning of time there is no zone just because someone does not want to be romantically involved with you. I don't pity any of my friends of the opposite sex most people correlate the friend zone with being rejected and offered friendship. It's life. Nobody puts you there, you do it to yourself when you have not accepted it. We are not obligated to accept someone's advances. I don't believe it really exist. I believe its just denial and fantasy for something you know won't happen. This is pointless to go back and forth if you think it's real then fine.

• How my guy got out of the friend zone after 8 years was... He fucked me. Long st

• Long story short*

• MAX sounds a bit salty, but anywho after 8 years of crappy relationships and him still supporting me and loving me I decided to give him a chance.

• It didn't hurt that he was an attractive guy also.

• Ooo I have a best friend that went in for a kiss and he's been friend zoned for about 6 years now it was very very awkward and he realize we were definitely just friends

• I would start by dropping hints, trying to sit next to her in class etc. But after a little while just tell her.

• Haha friendzone suuuuuuucks but there is only one way. Go in for a kiss But i warn you its VERY risky

• No risk no reward HOW ELSE TO EXPECT TO ESCAPE? It's either that or continuing to sit back in the boring ass friend zone.

• set the mood, be yourself, and go in for the kiss :)

• There's literally nothing to be afraid of, cuz if it doesn't work out you can always remember you were brave enough to try.

• be subtle, find indirect ways to let her know

• Any ideas how I could do that

• You could ask her to go to a movie when it's obvious that its a date. I wouldn't be to aggressive since you guys are friends. But slowly start to flirt with her little by little, and see how she reacts. Also you could just be direct and tell her you'll like to give dating between you to a try

• Two* I mean

What Guys Said 13

• You can't leave the friend zone after 8 years. She probably now sees you as a brother and she wouldn't be caught dead dating her brother. Eww!

It's best to date other women and forget about a romantic relationship with this one, your soul sister. She won't go for what she may consider an incestious relationship.

• Are you sure you're in it? Have you actually made a move and been rejected?

If not, find out.

Most likely you are, but no point assuming it.

As for how to get out, you probably can't, if you are.

But the most likely ways would be to lose your body fat gain 20 lbs of muscle, get a better job and fuck hot girls that make her jealous.

• Best thing is to not even bother trying, don't waste your time on someone who doesn't want you because even if you get her she will, eventually, be getting fucked by some oger behind a dumbpster some day just to get away from you.

Find someone you like and that likes you back, this is the answer. It's more work but infinitely more fulfilling.

• Exactly what the anonymous girl said.
    But to make a short story long I'll try to explain how I did it.
    We became best friends and were always talking on the phone or webcam, I went to visit her a couple of times and eventually realized I was in love.
    So one day I made up my mind and just packed my stuff and went to her, kissed her and told her I loved her.
    Good luck.

• And that worked?

• The anonymous girl was wrong because that guy wasn't friendzoned in the first place or he wouldn't have had a chance to fuck her.

• Of course it did!

• Quit being an idiot, I know it hurts. But don't waste your time. And look for an other girl. I promise you'll be happier 😃 and besides happiness comes from within and not from some girl being nice to you

• Just tell her "there is this girl I like, but she's also a good friend of mine. what would be the best way to ask her without making it awkward for her to let me down easily if she didn't feel the same, but make it so if she isn't interested, that we can still be good friends? " she knows how she would liked to be asked.

• Dude, you just gotta test the waters and see if she wants to date you. The friendzone isn't a real thing. If someone considers you a friend with no possibility of being dateable, that means they aren't attracted to you.

The best thing you can do right now if invite her to do something (sort of like a date) and see if she hints at liking you

• Squash the feelings or squash the friendship. The only two ways out of the friendzone.

• Tell her you're interested, and that if she doesn't feel the same, then that's okay. If you're really friends, your relationship will survive.

• Please dont do this to yourself, find a girl who likes you back. You'll be much more happy

• 8 years is a looooong time pal. If she liked you something should've happened in that time. I think after that long she probably sees you as a brother :/ ... no chance.

• It took you 8 years to realize you had feelings? Got news for ya pal, those feelings ain't shit.

• Kiss and hug her.