Can girls ask out guys?

is it weird if a girl asked a guy out

• yes
  • no

Most Helpful Guy

• It is actually awesome if girls do that.

What Guys Said 60

• Yes girls can ask guys out. Honstly, when a girl makes the first move she makes herself look so so sexy. I think about her and when I see her I think " that girl had the confidence to make the first move dam she has no idea how sexy she made herself look but she made herself look darn sexy". It is so hot and sexy in my eyes when girls make the first move.

• short answer: yes.

• Honestly I feel like it saves a lot of time and energy trying to figure each other out or if their really into each other if the lady asks if they would like to go on a date. like I've had Women ask if I wanted to go on a dates with em b4 and it made everything clear right from the start that we were really liking each other and that's a really good feeling to have to know that the way u feel is mutual ☺hope this helps

• Yes, and it gives you a huge load of points. Knowing that a girl wants you, and goes for it, is something guys appreciate a lot.

• Its not, I wish every female was like that (thats only a wish tho), its just that females have created this thing where they want to be pursued and 80+% of guys shy away from what could be the perfect match up of their life. So I don't know, I think guys and girls should come up with a holy book making a move?, cos we already have kamasutra, the art of fucking, we just need the initial and most important stage, rules of engagement (how cunning). Basically, so everyone knows what to do. I have been asked before it was a fucking miracle but no man would have said no and neither did I (it was a one off).

• Not weird. Hawt.

• Of course not, girls are princesses and shouldn't make an attempt to put themselves in the line of fire, shouldn't take a risk because they need to be sheltered and are weak and fragile - in essence not up to par with a man in todays world, the inferior of the two

Thats the message your sending out when your not sure, walk with conviction and ask a guy out if you need too, its only weird if you make it weird

• Why the hell not! ?

• You know that feeling you get when a guy you're into asks you out? We get that, too.

• It'd be amazing if more girls started asking out guys rather than just giving hints and waiting hopelessly for them to ask her out.

• The second part of your question contradicts the first part. If you answer Yes to the first, you are answering No to the second. Just fyi.

It's perfectly cool for girls to ask guys out, especially if the guy is shy. Shows confidence. And most guys, be they shy or otherwise, generally like a confident girl.

• Do you think its more likely for a guy to be shot down by a girl, than for a girl to be shot down by a guy? Also, would a shy guy be brave enough to say no if he didn't feel the same way? Just curious

• Of course you can ask a guy it's not weird at all specially if there's an attraction it will just lead to a quicker response or relationship weather it be friendly or romantic

• Not at all... I would find it refreshing for a change.

There is nothing wrong with taking initiative... its attractive!

• Girls have the right to ask guys, the same amount of rights that a guy has to ask a girl out.
    It will be less pressure on a guy if a girl asked him out.

• Yes, girls can ask guys out. No, it shouldn't be weird if a gilr asked a guy out. In fact, I would prefer a girl ask me out. You can just about guarantee I'd say yes, regardless of who you are.

• Yes, it is more likely for a guy to be shot down by a girl than a girl to be shot down by a guy. Shy guys are usually only shy around girls they are attracted to. So, he's probably brave enough to say no if he's not interested - unless he has a severe case of shyness.

• Ask is out. What difference does it really make? Plus you'll get whom you want, vs. games that don't really work.

• No. its actually against the law in 22 states. I need to know what state you live in so I can cal the cops

• YES! Why is this even a question? I'm sick of girls thinking guys absolutely HAVE to make the first move.

What are girl just incapable?

• They can and they should!

• Lol.. is this even a question._.
    Since when are we creatures from outerspace.-.

• They can but sadly it never seems to happen. But unfortunately this makes guys not ask girls out either because it's as if guys have to be the ones to do it, and being in a relationship out of obligation is no relationship at all worth cherishing.

• absolutely!

• Is it acceptable in our culture? Maybe, maybe not. But then again, fuck culture. It's way too dogmatic. Do what you want.

• As a shyer guy, that's preferable. It was awesome for me because, even though we're just friends, the 2 girls that I like (d) both asked me for my number. I wanted theirs, but would've been too scared to get them

• It's possible but I dont like it I prefer I ask the girl

• Yes please!

• No, heck if she wants to ask a guy out I say just ask him out. Just end the suffering.

• I'd welcome that. I've always been the one to ask.
    That would be amazing. That's cute af. :O

• Why not just infatuate them to the point that they will ask you out?

because asking men out would be weird.
    very, very, weird, even if the vagina can take a beating over a man's balls.
    It'd still be very, very, extraordinarily weird.

• Of course they can. It's the 21st century. Anyone can make a move on anyone.

• More from Guys
    30

What Girls Said 31

• You asked two different questions. Im confused as to which one we are voting on lol

But im just going to assume its the first one. And in that case, yes, girls can ask out guys! Lets diminish the stereotypes! If you want it, go and get it! That goes for both genders! :)

• It's not weird. Some guys can actually be too nervous to approach girls, so go ahead and take it into your own hands to make the move. :D

• There is one question I get asked probably more than any other by my female friends: Can a woman ever ask a man out? And while the question maybe isn’t a rhetorical one, it’s rare that the asker doesn’t already know the answer. It’s really more of a test of the current cultural barometer than anything else, and the best I can offer on this one is—short answer, no, long answer, no but…
    07-man-woman-coffee-date
    Now, I’m certainly aware of how frustrating this reality can be, especially when a guy you like just isn’t doing any asking. And I don't necessarily agree with it and happen to really respect women who take the initiative. But if you want to know what the majority of guys out there think, then yes—it's better to let him as you out.

If the roles were reversed and it was up to us as a gender to charm you into asking us out, let’s just say that the human race would have petered out a couple of thousand years ago. Yes, we are scared. And we sometimes fail to act, even when we want to. But the issue remains problem that when a girl asks a guy out, more often than not for the guy it just feels weird. Don't shoot the messenger!

Success is not impossible—there are certainly some guys out there who would love it if a woman asked them to go on a date—but the reality is that, at best, you’re maybe looking at a 50 percent success rate. If you're still game to try it, here are four examples of how the whole thing can go down, based on what I've seen over and over again:

• It's not about being able to or not, but figuring out if he's the sort of guy who can take and respect a girl asking him out. Also if you trust yourself enough and aren't too much head over heels with him that he might end up taking advantage of you.

• Of course.

• Wow you actually asked 2 questions so how do you know which question people are saying yes or no to?

Well anyways, I don't think it's weird for girls to ask guys out, but I would consider it uncommon. Of course this doesn't mean good or bad since common can mean either one, and that's just from my personal experience.

• Yes. you can. But if you are interested in a long-term relationship with the guy, best wait for him to ask you for that first date. If you are simply wanting a date for an event (movie, party, prom, etc.), then go ahead and ask a guy out; but still, if it is a guy you are interested in long-term, just wait until he asks you. (There are ways to make him ask, without acting slutty.)

• Honestly I've asked out most of the guys I've dated. Just easier than waiting around. And the worst they can say is no. Either way it shouldn't matter. The only reason its considered weird is because of the way society puts it out there.

• A very accurate comment and very true! It's in one word said... AWESOME!

• Girls can defiantly ask guys out. In fact, guys find it quite releasing! It saves them the trouble of pacing back and for while sweating before approaching you :) I'm sure he would feel flattered to that a girl asked him out instead of the other way around! :)

• Ummmm doesn't the dog chase the cat? Wouldn't you find it weird if you were walking in the park & seen the opposite? A cat chasing a dog & the dog running then climbing up the tree? Yeah its like that.

• Weird? HECK, NO! Girls can most definitely ask guys. I voted YES.

• no but yes. in fact, all guys are losers that they don't want to feel like loser no more. it will put them right into the hell of the feeling that she wants to dance in the darkness of hell bringing him down there and he will inject with full of crack and stuffs to feel little bit above.

• It's a new age! We're no longer in the 50's! If you like someone and you think/fairly confident that they like you back, nothing wrong in making te first move and asking them out. Confidence is key!

• Of course girls can ask guys out! I did! lol

• Girls can ask a guy out, she can drive them, open the door and pay for the food.
    It's 2015, it shouldn't be expected for men to do all that, they need some caring for too 😋 #feminism

• I don't think so! I asked a guy i like to hang out sometime... we just gotta hang out and then i can say i've asked him out haha.

• Who's says you can't? Of course you can.

• Hell no! Its really normal. Both are human right? So whats the matter?

• Sure. Some guys won't be so happy with it, but they're the minority. Most people are not confident enough to ask other people out.

• Of course !.. I have its really not that scary, I actually like the whole act & feeling of charming someone... leaving them blushing & shocked

• Of course you can. You're allowed to read books too ;)

• YES. I did. It worked out. More girls should do it.

• Of course they can!! :)

• I don't think so, but if they're already in a relationship they can definitely do it

• Of course!

• I think it's okay for a girl to ask a guy.

• Of course it's completely fine

• It's dumb to think that they can't. It's 2015, girls can do whatever they want lol.

• Absolutely not...

• Yes!! Its the same for marriage, girls can ask out/propose to guys. Some guys are too shy

• Yea, why not?

• More from Girls
    1