Is this guy an asshole or am I overacting?

This guy I have a crush on says he likes me back. We're getting physical lately and he always say he's a virgin and wants his first time with me. Today he text me "Wanna come over and get busy Mary? (;" And apparantly my name is not Mary. Then 2 seconds later he text "I meant Brooklyn (my name). It's auto correction I'm sorry!" Is this guy an asshole or am I overacting? Seriously does it sound like he's talking to this girl named Mary or is it just auto correction like he said?

Most Helpful Guy

• That's one wacky autocorrection Anonymous, I'm mean Brooklyn (which is a fantastic name by the way). At a minimum, it's a game. At worst a misdirected text. You have had other interactions with him. If you can set your feelings aside, you'll know if he has had other behavior that was questionable. Be careful and good luck!

• We're using snapchat we usually send sexy pictures there and snapchat displays 3 best friends who you constantly send snaps to. My name is 1 of the 3 and the other name was Mary. Seems like they're also sending stuffs to each other in my opinion. Otherwise that would be a really polymeric auto correction.

• I suspect you're right. When I started dating again someone told me "dating sucks" - she started about six months before me. she's right, but when you find the right person, it's the greatest thing, too. Don't settle, find the right person for you.

What Guys Said 1

• Dint believe its autocorrecting maybe he is a player

What Girls Said 6

• sounds like he's not serious about you, but I mean it depends what you want out of a relationship with him.

• I told him I'm looking for a serious relationship and he said he would love to be with me but let's get to know each other for awhile.

• hmm well if you think it could lead to something serious (because that's what you're looking for) than maybe give it a shot, but only if he's clear about you wanting something serious in the long run. It seems kind of like a hit or miss though so I would just be careful, if you have a gut instinct or feel like it's not a good idea then don't go for it.

• He sounds like an asshole. Brooklyn and Mary aren't particularly similar names - definitely not close enough for it to have been an auto correction.

• I checked I turn my auto correction on and type Brooklyn it stays Brooklyn it didn't change to Mary.

• Hmmmmmmm?
    Caution flags

• Don't have sex with this guy.

Please.

• I know I should not and back out now because apparently Brooklyn can't auto correct to Mary, but this guy has been there for almost a year I have deep feelings for him this truth hurt so bad...

• he sounds like he's mean don't talk to him

• Sounds like he could be a player, getting your name wrong doesn't sound to good. He be taking to multiple girls, who knows...