I had a blood disorder that caused depression and panic attacks/psychosis. A man ended it with me because of my issues. should I feel bad?

I see this guy everywhere. My friend and him told me I ruined things with him because I was sick. I apologized for my behaviour but they keep telling me I'm in the wrong. I got better but should I feel bad for how I acted when I was sick? I knew something was wrong that's why I got help.

Thanks everybody! It's nice to not feel so bad about myself.

Most Helpful Girl

• No. You should not feel bad over something you have little control of and for him treating you like that. I have depression and anxiety and my ex ended it with me because I was "making him unhappy". I moved in with him five months after dating and I would have episodes and spells a lot and he eventually stopped trying to be understanding. After almost two years of dating he decided to cheat on me. That made everything a million times worse for me. I would get upset over the littlest things and that sparked arguments with him. I was going to therapy but that didn't help. So they put me on medications to help. Once we parted ways, I started cutting. I stopped going to therapy and I drank a few times so I could try to get over him. After a few months, I met this amazing guy. He was sweet, funny, smart, caring and just perfect for me. Since meeting him, I stopped cutting, haven't picked up a drink since August, and I haven't had a day that my depression got the best of me. We've been together for almost five months and he's everything I could have ever ask for in a man. So, I think you will find an amazing man, like mine. Don't waste any time thinking about him. I wish the best for you!

• Thanks! I'm glad you found a good man :)

• It was a nice story to hear

• Thank you, dear!

What Guys Said 1

• He is a dick

• I did lash out a lot after. He told my friend personal stuff about me. I had an untreated blood disorder that I was told was depression for years. I was mad at him for telling me I was weak. He ignored me and kept putting words in my mouth. He told me I was mad at him but I was just waiting on my moms test results.

• What a asshole

What Girls Said 4

• You were sick and that's not your fault. That's like being upset because you got cancer and your partner blaming you for being emotional about it. Luckily you're better now and hopefully you won't get that sick again.

• nope he sucks and your friend is not actually a friend. find a new friend. both jerks.

• Yeah she is a very selfish person.

• Why should you feel bad about something that you couldn't even help? No, he was not a good man to you. People who run away at the very moment things start to get hard are cowards. He was thinking only of himself and his needs. You don't need that in your life, really he isn't even worth it.

• Especially since he is now dating my friend

• Yuck. You call that a friend? Well, karma is a bitch. I'd like to see what happens if one of them got sick in the future. By the looks of it, your friend better watch out. He'll walk out on her too. Smh...

• You should never feel bad for what happened when you were sick. It was not something that you could control. Unfortunately, this may be hard for them to understand.

• Yeah they didn't understand why I was mad that they started bonded while I was getting treatment. They just thought I should be okay with it.